Cannot Delete WordPress Plugins from drop-down menu

I’ve recently come across a fairly big WP plug-in issue.

I cannot delete a plug-in. When I go in plug ins within Admin -> Plug-ins -> Installed Plug-ins.

I cannot select delete. The only options available are [Activate] [Deactivate] [Bulk Actions]. From here I am not sure what to do. I thing this issue came from something I did recently. I activated the multi-site feature.

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
define( 'MULTISITE', true );
define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
$base = '/';
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.pricklypearmedia.com' );
define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );

I also edited the .htc file and the wp-config file as you’ve seen above.

I am still researching to find the potential issue. I’ve found something were you might be able to fix it through the DB, but it did not seam to work. Another potential issue would be in the .htc file, but at this stage I still need to conduct more research.

Kind regards,
Sega

@Sega

Do you have ssh, sftp, or LAN access to the wordpress server root? If so go to:

www/wp–content/plugins/

Then delete the folder of the plugin you want to get rid of, then restart WP.

hope this helps.
Steve

I’ve reverted back to the original files .htc and wp-config and it works like it did previously before the multi-site enable option.

Do you have ssh, sftp, or LAN access to the wordpress server root?

Can you explain these? I am not too sure what these are? I have FTP access and I can probably delete the plug-in there, but this does not stop the fact that the WP admin is broken as I cannot delete it from there. I am going to play around with the .htc and wp-config files and see it from there. If I find a solution I will post it here for future reference to anybody who might need it.

My original goal is to have a blog page with blog.pricklypearmedia.com, and as such I’ve decided to go down the path of having mutliple sites enabled, so I can have one-admin without the hassle of setting up an entire new WP installation.

Ok I’ve decided to include the files so you can see. Maybe there is something messed up in there, which leads be to believe there might be considering the issue resolved once I reverted back to the original files (but now I have no multi-site functionality :()

wp-config.php

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
define( 'MULTISITE', true );
define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true ); 
$base = '/';
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.pricklypearmedia.com' );
define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

.htaccess

# BEGIN WordPress
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\\.php$ - [L]

# uploaded files
RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]
# END WordPress

9. Copy theme and plugin files
Before you start, check that your plugins will work in the network installation. If a plugin is not supported, do not install it. Find suitable alternatives for it by searching for the plugin's function with "multisite" or even "mu", as in "social bookmarking plugin wordpress multisite".

Copy the theme and plugin files from your old WP installs to their respective directories in the new wp-content. You can activate themes for the network, or you can go to Superadmin > Sites, then click edit on the site you want, and enable a given theme for just that site.

Note: if you are using a child theme, copy both parent and child themes to the new site.

emm… maybe this is the problem. I am seriously thinking of just installing a separate WP install.

One last thing. I think I’ve isolated the issue, it boils down to these two lines of code.

define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', false);
define( 'MULTISITE', false );

I am kind of clueless from now, if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.