Can't access phpMyAdmin

I have WAMP installed on my PC, and all of a sudden I try to access phpMyAdmin to work on my database, it just gives me the following error:

[COLOR=“Red”]ERROR #1045 - Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server. [/COLOR]

I never had that problem before. About a week ago I changed the username and password so it would match my online db(that way when I FTP to the web i don’t have to worry about having different config files). It seems like the problem must stem from this. I don’t really recall using phpMyAdmin since then, but I’m not even 100% sure. I can go to mysql console, and it asks me for a password. So i put in my old password, and it works, but what am I supposed to do? I thought I changed my password and I want it to stay that way so I can easily ftp my whole folder without messing around with individual files, but I also need to be able to access phpmyadmin.

Check the values in PHPMyAdmin’s configuration to make sure that it is using the values that it is meant to. Have you made any changes to the user that you use to log into PHPMyAdmin?