Cant change Inherit font

Hi,

On my webpage: www.cotswoldbells.co.uk

I’m finding it hard to change the “Follow Us” font at the bottom of the page too the font I want.

Any help?

Thanks

This should get you there…[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]

[/FONT][/COLOR].socialmedia-buttons p {font: FontNameGoesHere; color: #123123; }

Awesome! thanks man, worked a treat.
Any idea how I can move the social media icons up slightly now?
:slight_smile:

It’s the margin-bottom on the p element…it’s currently set to 1.615em. Add a smaller margin-bottom to the entry you just put in for the font.

Perfect! Thanks

I’m also having problems moving the “polaroid” style picture to the left a bit? Thanks for all the help!

Adding a negative margin-left to the jetpack-image-container class would probably be the easiest.

How exactly do I do this?

jetpack-image-container { margin-left: -10px; }

Adjust the value until you get the look you want…

Hi, great, that worked! I’m now however having trouble moving the second one, any ideas?

I just need to move the bottom polaroid left a bit now without effecting the top one?

You’ll need to either add an id to it or a second class (put a space after jetpack-image-container and add another name), then apply the style to that id or class (#name is id, .name denotes class)

Where exactly do I have to do this? In one of the jetpack plugin files somewhere?

I have no idea how that plugin works. However, looking at the generated html, you could use #image-3 .jetpack-image-container and it should pick it up - though to be honest, looking at it, I don’t think you need to adjust the horizontal alignment. If if was me, I’d just move both pictures up. I would move the first polaroid up to be 1/2 way through the paragraph, and the second to line up with the top of the services paragraph. That’s just me.

Hi,

I’m having some problems with images being stretched on my website when its viewed in IE8. Any ideas how to fix this?

Don’t worry, fixed!

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how to remove the background (white) areas on the social media buttons on my site www.cotswoldbells.co.uk This should be possible as there transparent PNG images?

Many thanks

You’d have to remove it from two places in your CSS:

#masthead img, #featured-content img, #recent-content img, .entry-content img, .entry-thumb img, .comment-content img[COLOR="#0000CD"], .widget img[/COLOR] {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 [COLOR="#FF0000"]#FFF[/COLOR];
border: 0 solid #BBB;
max-width: 99.35%;
padding: 1px;
}

#masthead img, #featured-content img, #recent-content img, .entry-content img, .entry-thumb img, .comment-content img[COLOR="#0000CD"], .widget img[/COLOR] {
[COLOR="#FF0000"]background: #FFF;[/COLOR]
border: 1px solid #BBB;
max-width: 99.35%;
padding: 1px;
}

If it’s going to cause problems to remove the lines in red, you could instead remove the bits in blue. And if that causes problems for other elements, you’ll need to write a new rule that overrides the background color in this instance.

Hi, what would I write as a new rule? Thanks

I think I’ve figured out what’s wrong, Its showing the background colour of the “main” area instead of the “supplementary” How can I change this so that it works? Cheers