Can't find images - joomla

Hi,

I am trying to insert images to a joomla webpage. I ftp’d the images to the server yesterday. When I go to the article page content area and click on the “insert image” button located above the content in the tinymce area, it asks me to enter a url to the image. It doesn’t give me the option to select the image from the media manager. When I click on the "image link below the content box, it shows me the media manager, but none of the directories are mine. They say things like, demo, food, fruit, etc. How do I find the images I ftp’d to the server?

Thanks,
Sarab

The easiest way is to move the images you FTP’d to your server into the /images folder of your Joomla! installation; this is the default “root” location of the “Images” button (below the content). This is where I always put mine :slight_smile:

Where you have uploaded? You should uploaded your files in images/ folder of root installation.

Here is a bit of a twist. I am using Joomla version 1.5.21 by the way.

If I go to my backend and click on the “Media Manager” box/link. All my files are there. I can see all my images loaded on the server. Perfect.

When I am in my article page working and try to insert the image using the “Image” link at the bottom of the content box.
The Media Manager opens and all I can see there are the sample folders and images that came with the template. (demo folder, food folder, fruit folder and misc images. None of which are mine. None of my images show up there to select.

So why do my images appear if I go straight to the media manager on my back end. But they won’t appear when I am trying to insert them in my content on an article page?

Any thoughts?

^ Your post is duplicated. Anyway, the only thing that i can think of is that the Media Manager in the backend and the Media Manager on the article page might point to different location of your server. Try to check the file path to see if there is any difference. Anyway, as suggested above, you should upload your images into the root image folder to ensure that they would appear in your Media Manager.