Cant see web yet 5-10mins

Why not use standard web hosting instead of a home pc?

Cheaper
Faster
More secure
More reliable
Technical support

Coz I want to now its going to work first.

Are you behind any firewall?

Ive uninstall it rebooted ,no good.

And hosting from home is over complicating the process of knowing this. Seeing as how its a static html page, load the html file locally on your browser on your pc, if it looks ok then it works, you can upload it to a web server. If you don’t want to spend a few pounds on web hosting there are plenty free hosts - there’s a thread in the web hosting forum about them right now.

Better yet, grab the free copy of chapters from Kevin Yank’s book and setup your own test server (I did years ago and don’t know how I could have survived without it).

In other words, East Coast is correct. You’ve overthought the problem and made it impossible to troubleshoot.

Of course, my first inclination was to chastise you for using IE which is known to cache files until hell freezes over. When you’re changing files and testing, that gets in the way. Use a good (DOM-compliant) browser then test with IE to patch your code for that piece of $#!T.

Regards,

DK

Ive found out its the d-link dir 615 v1, is there a switch some were that i can progran on or something?

Thanks but it was the D-LINK DIR 615 1V not letting graphics through, sooo how do i rectify that?

ron,

I’ve got my 635 sitting collecting dust (using a 1012-16 now) but I don’t recall any setting on the switch which would target image files. So long as you can access your web server, you should be able to access ALL the files within the webspace of that server.

On second thought, if you’re accessing from another computer, have you got your hosts and httpd-vhosts.conf files setup for the localhost and the LAN (and the WAN/Internet)? IMHO, that’s far more likely a problem than a simple switch.

Regards,

DK

perhaps its faulty?

I’ll ask your thread be moved to that server management area. I’m assuming that’s what the d-link you talked about was…

ron,

What do you see on the localhost? If it’s okay, then the problem is in the setup for your LAN (or WAN) to access the localhost’s website.

Regards,

DK