Can't Upload multimedia files

I’m new to php and for sometime now I have been trying to figure out the codes to upload pictures and other multimedia files to my database but could not because all the sample application and code I used are not giving me the desired result. please I need help, can any body out there help me out? because for me I’m stocked. I will need descriptive and extensive code that can meet my need.

Maybe start with posting with what you got already.
If your using a form to submit/upload your files, chances are your enctype is not correct.

The reply I do get from running the code is that “the picture cannot be opened because it is either corrupt or contain an invalid format”. Please how do you mean by the enctype is not correct. More explanations please.

Are you trying to save the multimedia object into the database or just the location?

Post the code for your upload and form into this thread so that people can view what you already have. It will be easier than trying to discuss the code and lead to less confusion.

I have actually tried both method but none worked for me. What do think may be the problem, please help.

Basicaly from the information you have given I doubt anyone will be able to help you.

I you are unwilling to post your code I suggest you find a tutorial; start with something very simple and see what happens.