Canvas Image adding stamps/annotations

I want to have a image in web page and allow to the end user to add one or several other images and texts as stamp/seal/annotation, some as seals for “cancelled” or “sale” or “pnding” or images as a little/medium png and so on.

Of course also a way to save these “composition” in otder to be able to show the image and all the annonations, I think saving each annotation image or text and the position where was pasted.

Later the end user must be able to remove some of these stamps, add others, even moving any.
Do you know some plugins? or some similar for improve/change it?

Exampe of interaction:

1. Start with a product page, the product have an product image associated
  2. the user attach a “pending” stamp
  3. other day, maybe other user, the page is shown with the seal/stamp, of course, the user removes the “pending” stamp and add an “phase1” stamp in text and paste an icon/png in other image zone.
  4. other day the user removes “pase1” stamp and adds “OK” image or text…
  5. and so on

Of course the original images remain the same, the image can have “attached” several little texts or images located in certain zones in the image, the user simply put/drop the cursor in the desired zone.

In the case of image drops maybe interesting thinks is transparency, irregular borders, and texts dropped in horizontal, vertical or with some rotation.

JQuery if possible. Of course I can admit a priced plugin and some billed freelance tasks, my timing and knowledge are both low.

Thanks in advance.

Do you need JavaScript/jQuery or canvas to do this? Could you could simply position text or another image over the original using CSS? That item could be made semi-transparent or have other effects applied. It’s simple, fast and would work in all browsers.