Career questions about college web development position

Hi, I called my local community college to see if I could apply as a volunteer for their faculty training department.

But something better happened: The staff member told me that they might consider an opening for a part-time paid position.

I’m thrilled but also nervous as well because the job presents a lot of unknowns. The only thing I know is what the department does: providing an online multimedia curriculum to help professors and employees become better at their jobs, web services, itunes U and seminars.

I did not find an online job description and during the interview the director will tell me what my responsibilities are. A good sign is that the staff member I spoke to asked if I was beginner or intermediate and after sending my resume they know that I am just out of college. It seems that they are not really looking for someone with years of experience.

• Have you guys worked for a college as a front-end web developer?
  • What was the experience like and what was the learning curve?
  • Did they train you?
  • Were most of your duties front-end or back-end?
  • How can I prepare for the interview?

I too faced the same problem in my past. I thing you can discuss with your senior who is in similar field.

I think you should go for this job opportunity even if your not that much aware about the entire department work. Most important thing you should concentrate on is to prepare for the interview. Keep in your consideration the company’s knowledge,(i.e. about the company, what it is all about? , What kind of a work do they deal in with? etc.).

Wish you luck for your interview…:slight_smile:

I guess the interview has already taken place, we’re four months later now.
Thread closed.