Career questions

I am about to apply for a web master position and I would like to prepare myself for the eventual interview.

What are the 5 best character/personal strengths that a web designer should have in order to succeed in this career path?

And, what are 5 essential soft skills that you have used on a daily basis as a web designer?

Thank you for the advice!

I’m a bit confused.

You are applying for a web master position but the questions are about web designer.

A typo?

What are the 5 best character/personal strengths that a web designer should have in order to succeed in this career path?

There could be loads, but if i was interviewing a few would be

1. The ability to work in a team
  2. The ability to work under pressure
  3. Time management skills
  4. Problem solving
  5. Good communicator (verbal and written)

And, what are 5 essential soft skills that you have used on a daily basis as a web designer?

You mean “software” skills?

1. Thorough knowledge of HTML/CSS and hand coding, plus basic javascript, eg working with JS frameworks, custom JS a bonus
  2. Depending on the job you may need programming abilities in common languages such as PHP, ASP, plus databases
  3. Ability to create/modify graphics using any popular image editor
  4. Basics such as FTP, setting up email, domain management
  5. Depending on the job a working knowledge of one or more CMS platforms as required

Thanks for replying. I am applying for a web master position at a non-profit organization, and I can tell that the type of work is more administrative than technical. Here is the job description:

The ideal candidate will proactively manage all data entry into our database, update the website and monitor technological trends. The candidate will also assist in Chapter operations, events, classes, etc.

Qualifications
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, database management).
• Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• Effective writing and oral skills
• Highly detailed individual

I need to find the best answers to “Why should I hire you?” or “What is your greatest strength?” I am thinking of a few personal/professional strengths that are necessary to perform this job well.

If you want to make your career in IT Industry. Better learn about php or Aspx. Because a web designer have only design and html a website. and if we talk about salery. you can earn only $300 per month. But if you have experience with php. you can develop website in cake php. wordpress. open cart & magento. and you can earn $1500 per month. Choice is yours !

@ADITYA1243; I hope hours worked figures into those amounts. If you assume a 40 hour work week
Designer - $300 / 160 hrs = $1.88/hr
Developer - $1500 / 160 hrs = $9.38/hr

I think, self confidence is most important in any field. If anyone have self confidence then can achieve anything.

Today education knowledge is not sufficient. every person should have awareness about the market as well as international market. the other points are mentioned below.
effective communication
pleasing personality
always speak politely
confidence is must
eye contact while interview
never rub your hands or shake legs in front of your interviewer

There is a very famous proverb in english i.e. little knowledge is very dangerous . so talk those things in which you are comfortable.

thanks

Hi. I think ability, skill, self confidence is more important for an interview.Best of luck.

The OP was asking for answers to specific questions that may be asked during the interview.
He has not asked for tips on how to behave during the interview, as important as that may be.
Please try to answer the OP’s questions.