Carousel Closing

Hi I am writing some resposive queries
and on my carousel on this PAGE it closes
when it hits the mobile view not sure why. I notice
their is an overflow:hidden though.

Carlos, your carousel isn’t closing, it’s hiding beneath the new, gray “order today” banner. Absolute positioning is not your friend. (Sound familiar?)

More important than the misbehavior of the carousel is the “misposition” of the link to your custom stylesheet.

Your custom stylesheet (you call it “style.css”) is the first stylesheet in the cascade. It cannot be used for simple overrides when it is the first stylesheet called. Notice the number of !important modifiers that you have used? The local/custom stylesheet should always be the last stylesheet in the cascade… the bottom stylesheet listed in the <head> of the page.

I strongly recommend that you move your custom stylesheet from the first to the last stylesheet link on all of your pages.

1 Like

ok like so?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Styles/bootstrap.css">  
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Styles/hover.css"> 
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/favicon_iog.png">
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic,800italic,700,300,600,800,400' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Styles/style.css">

But then everything gets all wacky:

I should have said “the last link to a stylesheet”. I generally put links to stylesheets last or next to last. Any JS in the head would follow them, everything else is above them. Someone with other experience may recommend a different order.

It looks to me like you have some work ahead to delete the unnecessary styles from your local stylesheet that are messing up the layout and to keep the ones that matter. It shouldn’t be difficult, but you should be methodical and careful… testing after each step. You will probably be able to delete most or all of those !important modifiers.

Yes, I know.

The local stylesheet should never have been at the top of the cascade.

1 Like

Yes I see I am reading HTML & CSS by Jon Duckett and it mentioned how
stylesheet links should be ordered…how one it can override each other
depending on the order.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.