Category Select does not complete - On Click

Hello StarLion

on the Sell & Wanted Ads pages is the upload a photo option to display a photo with the Ad,

I have created a Sell and Wanted Ad, yet no photos showing, only the “No Image Available”

I looked in: /public_html /uplimg and yes the photos/images have been uploaded to the server

if you look at the Home page http://numberthree.netne.net/index.php you will see the “No Image Available”

your help appreciated

:slight_smile:

Hello BavanaghCndra,

how do find the Javascript that populates the 2nd layer

point me in the right direction please

:slight_smile:

Without seeing the PHP code for that page, I cant tell where the image is supposed to be being pulled from. It’s obviously been uploaded, but it either A: wasnt written to the database, or B: is failing some check on loading. [OT]I dont check this forum on weekends.[/OT]

Hi StarLion

good to hear from you :slight_smile:

ok please tell me how to check A & B?

A: wasn’t written to the database: where do I look in the database? search for?

PS: a rest from the Forum in the weekend is a great idea :slight_smile:

A: Without seeing the PHP code, I cant really tell you any more other than to trace backwards the variable used for the picture - eventually you’ll get to a SQL query. That query will tell you which table to check. (It’s PROBABLY called something obvious, like adverts or something.)

Hi StarLion

wow I wish I knew how to trace a variable backwards to the SQL query :slight_smile:

I will have a look in the database and see if I can see anything obvious, like ‘adverts’.

my 2nd not working properly is the Language changer, would you take a look and see if you can see any problem?

http://numberthree.netne.net/index.php

when the Thai flag is clicked it seems to just re-load the English files again.

Hello StarLion

I went to phpMyAdmin and found this: screen pic attached

Field: advert_img_path
Type: varchar(255)
Collation: latin1_general_ci
Nul: No

what am I looking for?

click the Browse tab, and look at the entries you created. What is in that field for those rows?

as for the language thing, again, without seeing the PHP for index.php it’s going to be difficult. Find where it handles $_GET[‘change_language’].

Hi StarLion

ok in phpMyAdmin/ auctions/name

SELECT COUNT( * ) AS Rows , name
FROM auctions
GROUP BY name
ORDER BY name
LIMIT 0 , 30

Rows: 3
name: Thai Stamp

ok in phpMyAdmin/ auctions/picpath

SELECT COUNT( * ) AS Rows , picpath
FROM auctions
GROUP BY picpath
ORDER BY picpath
LIMIT 0 , 30

Rows: 3
picpath: (empty-no words-blank)

Did you get this script from somewhere I can see? Dont take this the wrong way, but you seem to know very little about how this code was put together.

Hello StarLion

yes my knowledge is very limited about this script, I am on a huge learning curve :slight_smile:

the script has potential, if I can fix these couple of bugs :slight_smile:

Well the point of that was “Is there somewhere I can download the script and look at it” :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi StarLion

PM sent with link to script files

another thing I noticed is the /uplimg folder Chmod value: is 755 is that ok ?

gonna take me a little time to go over it, will get back with you in the morning.

Hi StarLion :slight_smile:

thank you for your time and generosity,

just when you can will be great :slight_smile: