Center ul in container

Hi all

I have a jsfiddle here - http://jsfiddle.net/dpynebnf/

Super simple, I’m just trying to center the ul in it’s conatiner.

I don’t want to use text-align: center; becasue I still want the text left aligned but I want the whole block centered

<div class="container">

<div class="row">

<div class="col-sm-12 col">

<ul>

<li>
                        <h3>Sone Title</h3>
                        <p>Some text some text some text some text some text some text </p>
                    </li>

<li>
                        <h3>Sone Title</h3>
                    </li>

<li>
                        <h3>Sone Title</h3>
                    </li>

<li>
                        <h3>Sone Title</h3>
                    </li>

</ul>

</div>

<!--<div class="col-sm-1"></div>-->

</div>

</div>

Instead of display:inline-block on the <ul>, give it display:table :slight_smile:

Or display: block. You’ll probably want to specify a width in either case to control how wide you want it to display.

No you are better without a width and using display:inline-block or display:table. In that way you cater for browser variances in the width of text (specifically in mobile). :smile:

You could have just added text-align:left to the ul to reset the text. The text-align:center on the parent would have centred the block.

Ryan’s display:table method is better though because table can be centred with margin:auto even when they have no width.

Agreed. Only reason I suggested a width was display: block just took up a larger width than display:table

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.