Changing my current theme to another theme

Hi,
I’m a member at elegantthemes.com It provides the cheapest yet elegant themes you can find.
And I want to transform my current site which is <snip/> to one of the elegant themes available.
Here is the thing. Changing a theme is relatively easy. But there are a lot of adjustments to make and the most worrying part
is the clashing of plugins.

That would make my site into a total mess. Can anyone advise me what are the first hand things I need to do before I change my site’s theme?
I’ve already used the live preview after downloading one of the themes on my wordpress panel. The whole thing was kinda messy.
Furthermore, this is a live site and I don’t want visitors to view my site in a mess! There is fairly some traffic coming to this site.

So can someone advise me on this? I’m not quite sure whether I’m asking the right questions. :confused:

Thank You.
Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Most of Wordpress themes used their shortcodes. Its seems your previous theme used some shortcodes to render html. When you switched to new theme, your current theme is not supporting the shortcodes used in previous theme. The best way to get your wordpress website look as new theme. You should open each page in editor and search for shortcodes and remove them. Update pages with text only. Then read documentation of your new theme (shortcodes + widget areas) and insert the new theme’s shortcodes in proper places.

Designforce24 is right on the money. Shortcodes are usually the incompatible parts of switching themes or dropping a plugin. There’s no easy way around this other than editing like it was suggested.