Cheapest domain registrar?

Of course, using an Indian hosting package for a US-based website targeting a US-based audience may not be the smartest thing to do, because Google does look at where a website is hosted when ranking a site.

It is very possible that Hioxindia has servers in the US. Their own website is actually hosted in the US. Lots of Indian hosts rely on US based servers (they’re more cost effective and the quality might be better as well I suppose).

I would say be careful with the coupon codes and promos. After the first year you’ll be paying FULL price which is $12-$14.

1dollar domain is the most cheapest, I guess. They are selling domain names for $0.99 only. But this offer is only for first year from second year you have to pay may be $15 per year.

As you want to buy domains for fun. So I thinks buying domains from 1dollar domain will be cost effective to you.

Name.com or godaddy. But just for fun … doesn’t sound like a good business ( even if it is cheap )

The whole SOPA ordeal made GD lose face big time. I wouldn’t resign with them and if I did even have a domain with them, I would transfer out ASAP.

choose godaddy and namecheap

netlynx is the one of the cheapest domain name registrar for Indian TLD’s (.in, co.in)

before buying a domain on godaddy always look on google for coupons as they always have coupons which saved $3 to $5

Look here: http://cheapdomainlist.com

All nice and well but IMHO the biggest advantage or disadvantage of a registrar is the ease of renewing a domain and the ways they send notice that a domain expires.

I have more than 150 domains and at such a volume it’s very easy to lose a domain or two due to lack of notifications. Rankvision.com’s domain protector might be a solution to this problem if you have to use cheap registrars but don’t want to lose the domains because the registrars didn’t notify you that your domain is expiring…