China

Ahh, I see. I think over here authors get an advance upfront.

Well if you want to PM me, we can talk. I don’t know what your qualifications are though.

Thanks

Michelle :slight_smile:

HK is in China as much as Canada is in the British Empire. OK, maybe not quite that extreme, but point being, they’re two worlds apart, especially in terms of business practices.

Ok, I didn’t know.

Michelle

We cannot really give a meaningful answer without knowing one thing: Other than the fact that China is full of people, do you have any evidence that YOUR product will be successful in their markets?

I’d say that tke71709 is spot on. China is a huge market, but it’s a market that even the big players choose to leave out because their efforts would be wasted and there would be little to no gain to enter the Chinese market without a lasting presence and true insider knowledge. The only time when this advice would be irrelevant is if you knew people with knowledge of markets in China that can say with some certainty (and a history of doing business well in China) that you could sell your product successfully in their country.

You’re selling an eBook, and you’ll find that it’s one of the easiest things to steal and redistribute. I have experience with students from China and it’s VERY common for people to take lecture notes, ebooks and other western media and simply rewrite it themselves or record it in MP3 format to sell on the black markets.

In short, without constant and powerful inside help you’ll have NO chance of success in China with an eBook.