Chopping javascript animation when incorporated with flash

Hey everyone,

I’m working on a javascript / flash real estate presentation, and everything is working well, however their is a small issue involving animation when the flash slide show transitions to another image.

http://xaptronic.com/raypilon/Binscarth/

Basically if you click the view / hide agent info at the top when the pictures transitions you can see the obvious flaw that occurs.

I’m using the slideUp / Down effect in jquery, and some flash slide show plugin from the net.

It appears that the problem is when the whole image is actually being rendered. In Chrome it works fairly well, the problems are in Firefox and (surprise) IE.

If anyone has any tips or experience with this kind of thing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sound Warning! This web site plays unstoppable music when you are on the page.

It appears to be a resource issue with the web browser itself, where the javascript code is suspended while the flash animates fading images.

You may wish to make use of one of the many jQuery photo slideshows instead.

If you’re worried that JavaScript won’t protect the images from being retrieved, flash doesn’t protect them either, for example, the first image is from xaptronic.com/raypilon/Binscarth/images/********_1.jpg

Yeah, the sounds is pretty annoying, I usually just mute the browser that I’m using to develop the site because it annoys me a lot, but apparently the real estate agent my client is working with likes it.

I will check out the jquery slide shows, for some reason that never crossed my mind.

Thanks for the warning about the images, but I am very familiar with the level of security imposed when serving content from a web server.

There is another site this client has that still has an attempt at disabling right click. I have advised many times to remove it as it is merely provoking threat.

Thanks

If they do insist on leaving the right-click block there, it may help to show a message when it’s blocked that explicitly, but sensitively, states the situation.

“We’re sorry but we have blocked the right-click action on this page. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.”

Cool,

I have ended up with this… http://xaptronic.com/raypilon/xslide/slideshow.html its working quite a bit better.

Thanks dude