Chrome pushes height value

The following Style sheet is positioned exactly where I want it in FireFox & IE 8. Chrome renders it with more height ?

margin:-7px;/pull up into header div/
height:14px;
z-index:1;
width: 560px;
position:absolute;

What element is your CSS selector been applied to as it may have padding causing the extra height.

It’s a img within a class.

“img within a class” doesn’t mean anything. You’d need to show us the page, I think, or at least a larger code sample.

CSS without the markup it’s applied to is meaningless – and snippets usually leave us guessing wildly as we can’t see the whole picture.

Though I have to ask, what’s your line-height set to? If you’re doing APO what’s with the negative margin? (or are you setting a top:50% we aren’t seeing?)

We’d REALLY need to see the whole page.

Link. It’s the refresh button.

I don’t see a refresh button there. You’d be more likely to get help if you made it clearer what you are asking about.

The refresh button across ‘enter code here’. It looks like a recycle symbol.

It looks the same to me in FF and Chrome, and the code for it looks nothing like what you posted above.

What version of FireFox ? Compare with FF 3.6 and Chrome. In Chrome the graphic is vertically positioned different.

FF 3.6? Heck, that’s gone the way of the dinosaurs. :smiley:

I don’t have it any more. Up to 6 now.

The CSS you posted exists but its for a completely different element on the page, more specifically you have it as a selector for #navouter which is a completely different element on your page. Because of this Chrome is just following its native standards which forces anchor links to the baseline while Firefox forces anchor links to a middle alignment.

FF 3.6? Heck, that’s gone the way of the dinosaurs.

I don’t have it any more. Up to 6 now.

I haven’t decided between FireFox 7 Final (when released) & ChromePlus.

Because of this Chrome is just following its native standards which forces anchor links to the baseline while Firefox forces anchor links to a middle alignment.

What is the solution ? Don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not being nit-picky. I’m surprised ralph didn’t notice you started a sentence with “Because”. :slight_smile: It’s all good :slight_smile:

If you are talking about the captcha input alignment then try using the correct height of 16px which should allow it to align better.

.capcode input {
  height:16px;
}

Oh, thank you.