Clear IFrame Issue

Hello

I am using JavaScript to post data to an IFrame. Between submit clicks, I am trying to clear out the IFrame so when the user clicks submit, the previous result is not mistaken for the most recent submit click. The way I am trying to accomplish this is posting 2 forms. The first from posts a blank HTML page. The 2 form posts the actual results from the submit click. My problem is the blank page is never displayed.

Here is my javascript logic.

document.clearIFrame.submit();
document.submitResults.submit();

Here are my forms.

<form name=“clearIFrame” id=“clearIFrame” method=“post” action=“html/blank.htm” target=“resFrame”>
</form>

<form name=“submitResults” id=“submitResults” method=“post” action=“SubmitResultsServlet” target=“resFrame”>
</form>

If I brake this up into 2 separate button clicks (one button for clearIFrame and a second button for submitResults) the blank page is displayed. But when I execute them together, the blank page is not displayed.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work so the blank page is displayed but the user only has to click the button once?

Thanks in advance for your time.

The way I got this to work was to break both form posts into separate functions and I used setTimeout.

setTimeout ( “submitResults()”, 100 );

Hi

Would it be possible for you to please rephrase your description. I am not really able to understand what you are trying to do.