"Click to Activate" solution! (AKA: Ugly Box problem)

It’s hard to be certain, but I’m using IE6/XP and I can’t find an example of a Flash object that has the click to activate message.

Hmm~~actually, I didn’t notice this. Firefox is my first choice.

I use swfobject, but have lately noted a problem with IE7 and swfobject (in most computers)… it simply doesn’t work.

Have you guys had the same problem?

Go for macromedia Flash creator! I guess that can solve problems for you:x

That’s because IE 6 doesn’t have that!! The whole lawsuit occurred after IE 6. IE 7 is the one with this behaviour.

IE sucks in playing .swf file.

Playing is not the issue.
Embedding is.
Can the moders close this thread please.

One question.

The “Insert Flash” in Adobe Dreamweaver CS 4 uses a (modified) Swfobject. But it still results in a “Click to activate…”. Thus, I’m using CS3 just to insert Flash. Does anyone else experience this shortcoming? Or is this special to us here? Or a fix for DW CS4?

Ok, I know there are/may be better solutions, but DW really automates it, and this is especially good for smaller projects.

Yeah i spotted a thread on another forum earlier that had other issue but i noticed the page they where using was this page generated by DWCS4. i wonder if there is an underlying issue with this.

From my very limited understanding, .swf files are never played, it’s the .flv’s that are played. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong.

your wrong. you need the swf to play the flv.:wink:

Yep, but nothing plays the .swf file - the only thing that ‘plays’ in this context, are the .flv’s :wink: