Clicktag url.txt location

Sometimes I receive a flash banner to use with clicktag.

I know that the URL can be passed with a variable (param in object tag or flashvars in embed tag).

But I also know it is possible to use a txt file that has the text with the URL:

clickTag=www.sample.com

The problem is that I generally have my banners in folders (for example /banners/country/banner1.swf) and I don’t know where to upload the txt file (sometimes it works when I upload in the root folder sometimes it doesn’t).

The second problem is, suppose I have more than one banner, how do each banner knows which txt to use?

Many thanks!

It’s easier to just pass the clicktag as a flashvar in the embedding code. That variable is only relevant to that particular object/embed, so there’s no clash of scope. I can’t think of any reason why you’d want the complication of an extra text file, and the attendant path issues you mention?

Thank you.

I had to put the same banner in different include files and I didn’t want to specify several times the flashvars everytime.

I thought this thing of the txt file was something common in media agencies.

Many thanks.

Can’t say I’ve ever had an agency specify an text file for clicktag, I think the flashvars method is normal. If you do decide to use a text file, remember that paths are relative to the html file that embeds the swf, rather than the swf itself.