Code: Beauty and the Beast!

I don’t consider it better practice. To me it’s a matter of practicability and personal preference. It’s just easier to formulate an RGB value into an RGBA value. The other thing is that I understand RGB values better than HEX values.

I suppose…but usually the program or whatever that’s giving me the color has web (but also RGB as well).

I might switch…maybe it’s just a ‘what’s for today’ sort of thing.

~TehYoyo

Get a better editor then. Indenting and reflowing are taken care of for me.

What’s reflowing?

Although for indenting…Notepad++ ftw!!!

~TehYoyo

I had similar thoughts a while back. See my threads Markup Formatting and [URL=“http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?626535-Best-Web-Page-Structure-Convention”]Best Web Page Structure Convention? for the results! Interesting responses, just like in this thread of yours Hazel :slight_smile:

I have a style, and I have swagger, and I have class. Haha. I hand-code everything and make it beautiful. Code beautifier? That’s like using cosmetics or something. Psshh.

I judge other people on their code presentation, so I take it that others judge me too. Treat others how you want to be treated. I judge other peoples code style and presentation as a representation of their abilities, and I expect others to do the same when they see my code. If you’re going to hand-code a Web page and don’t present it in a readable and clean fashion then something is wrong!

If a job is worth doing, it should indeed be done correctly.

I have class too. Especially when coding CSS! Like…no way am I going to use IDs…it’s all classes for me! That’s the type of class you were talking about, right? …right?

True 'nuff stuff, Duff.

~TehYoyo

People do judge you on your code presentation even if it’s only just yourself as an author though typically it tends to be peers or co-workers.

Having a logical neat structure usually leads to more efficiency when making maintenance edits or when collaborating within a group on your own hand rolled markup or CSS, etc.

As we have seen when wading through masses of lines with the eyeball we have our own specific styles – within this thread - typically the people that do care about the craftsmanship will go that bit further and apply it to the code.

Like was mentioned in some cases editing some prebuilt CMS and such can become a nightmare but self-created pages you should typically try to keep it orderly.

It’s certainly not anything to be embarrassed about and it’s not always necessary to be as tidy while quick-dirty testing and you are slapping things around. Until you have decided and obviously documentation in the form of comments delimiters doesn’t always need to be there until the page has been completed anyway. :slight_smile: