Color issues in Indesign CS6

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will try anyway.

I have some issues with the color in Indesign CS6… I am trying to change a blue color to a lighter blue. and it will definetly not change. I am typing in the RGB or CMYK code and it refuse to change.

What is wrong and what to do?

Definitely the right place to post. :slight_smile:

Perhaps describe in more detail what you are trying to do and the circumstances in which you are working. What element(s) are you trying to color? What features are you working with? Perhaps post some screen shots of what you are seeing etc. :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Im creating a brochure for a cleaning company, and the blue footer should be C: 95 M: 76 Y: 0 K: 0 / R: 14 G: 46 B: 211
But it will not change from C: 95 M: 75 Y: 2 K: 0 / R: 54 G: 74 B: 149

:frowning:

It is so weird beacause the logo is also changing to the wrong color when it is in Indesign. Here is the real color…

Are you saying that it doesn’t look like the right color on the screen, or that the color values you are entering into InDesign are not “sticking”, but are reverting to previous values?

How should I explain? when I enter the correct color code will not change color. Among other up a warning triangle on right. It’s so weird.
(I’m sorry if my english is bad)

On the last page is the color as it should be, I do not understand why it will not change further up also? And strange that the logo changes color when I put it in the brochure.

I will add a screenshot of the last page.

OMG! Now is the screenshot picture in wrong color to… this is sooo confusing…

I assume that you’re selecting the shape and then, if this shape were created in InDesing, double clicking the color icon (the one at the bottom of the tool bars, on the left, that represents the filler color) and then typing the values to finally accept them.

If the shape or color has been created in some other software, it should be edited in that software. As an example, if the shape were created in Illustrator, you’d probably imported it as a smart object and you could double click it and it would automatically open Illustrator for edition. Closing Illustrator will cause the changes to be updated in InDesign.

Do also remember that what you see on the screen may not be the real color if the monitor is not calibrated

Thanks for reply. I know all that. I am a graphic designer actually… But I cant figure out why the color won’t change… :open_mouth:

The only thing that I can think of is that you may be using a limited palette

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.