Combining filters using Isotope jQuery plugin

Hi,
I’m working on a site in Wordpress that uses the Isotope jQuery plugin as part of the theme. This allows a bunch of items to be displayed dependent on their values, and, in theory, dependent on a combination of values.
Here is an example from the plugin author: http://jsfiddle.net/desandro/pJ6W8/31/
However, within the theme I’m using it’s only possible to sort by one value at a time eg height or weight - but not - height and weight.
Here’s a mockup of where I’m using it: snaprockandpop.samcampsall.co.uk/shoots/
I’ve got quite a long way in implementing multiple filters as it’s now possible to make two different selectors active, but these aren’t applied to the content - i.e. the items aren’t filtered. Here’s the code I’m using:

$('.ql_filter a').click(function(){								
				var $this = $(this);										
					if ( $this.hasClass('selected') ) {							
					return;														
					}															

var $optionSet = $this.parents('.filter_list');					
					$optionSet.find('.active').removeClass('active');			
					$this.addClass('active');									

var group = $optionSet.attr('data-filter-group');				
					filters[ group ] = $this.attr('data-filter');				

var isoFilters = [];
					for ( var prop in filters ) {
					isoFilters.push( filters[ prop ] )
					}

var selector = isoFilters.join('');
					$container.isotope({ filter: selector });
					return false;
				});

I’ve applied some breakpoints in Firebug and I can see that in my build the code applies the filter and assigns it to the ‘group’ variable but then jumps out of this script and into the main plugin script (jquery.isotope.min.js). I’ve compared this with behaviour in the example JSfiddle, and there it just follows through onto the next line (creating the isoFilters variable).

Can anyone give me a pointer as to where I’m going wrong? This is pretty much my first real attempts at coding and I think I’m really close! Thanks :slight_smile: