last month I went to my aunts house to visit their village fist time. On the way when I was in train I meat a doctor I discuss my habits and it effects with him. I told him that I am a gamer and play games a lot. He told me its benefits; that I want to share here.
• Video games provide pain relief
• Video games reduce stress and depression
• Video games can improve your vision
• Video games improve your decision-making skills
• Video games keep you happy in every age
• Many video games improve language and mat skills
• Video games help children gain self confidence
I knew it... what I am I owe to video games :).
Seriously, there are a lot of benefits of playing games, but you have to make room for social contacts as well. Developing good social skills is extremely important.
An easy alternative, with social interaction as well:
Sitepoint forum membership provides pain relief
Sitepoint forum membership reduces stress and depression
Sitepoint forum membership can improve your vision broadens your horizon
Sitepoint forum membership improves your decision-making skills
Sitepoint forum membership keeps you happy in every age
Many Sitepoint topics improve language and mat skills
Sitepoint forum membership help children gain self confidence helps everybody gain self confidence
Sitepoint forum membership is free.
Well played, sir :weee:
I love pc Games it helps me focus on one thing and enhances my playing experience of the game. anyone who interested in nba 2k14?
I play racing games when having break from work, in other words i play racing games every 10 mins or so..
Ugh. I'm not a fan of gaming. I spend all day in front of a screen for work, the last thing I want to do when I'm not working is sit in front of another screen!
As a hard-core developer, I much more enjoy creating games than playing them.
I now have Path Of Exile on download, released today, looks cool.
Big video game enthusiast here. Loved playing games ever since I got my first Nintendo(NES) in the 90's. Don't get much time anymore due to my hectic work hours but jump in when I can. Been playing a little bit of GTA V online lately with some friends.
Gotta say that I don't play much but I do enjoy a good game from time to time. That means that maybe once a year I spend 5 hours and end up completely frustrated because I can't get to level X. Then I give up and go back to normal mode :lol:
Does the doctor not tell you the disadvantages of playing too much video games.
There are also advantages to play them.
Like everything in life, if you do it in excess may be harmful, of course. But video games help you with your reflexes, to take decisions faster, to have more coordination and some games even go beyond than that.
Not everything is evil
I am agree with you but how anyone can not see the worst side of playing video game.
Its ruins physical strength, effects eyes, diverts mind from study and more and more.
Computers not ruining sight was proved if I am not mistaken but it is true that sitting in front of the screen can affect body negatively.
Studying is a whole other subject. If you are studying gamification, you gotta play right?
I used to be hard core gamer but now just social gamer at best. There's always pro/con on everything. Here's the list of con's that I know of
- Video games causes arthritis due to lack of body movement
- Video games causes higher stress and depression when getting PWNed.
- Video games can worn your eyes due to lack of sleep and high caffeine drinks.
- Video games decreases the human moral. Just get on XBox Live Call of Duty for one game and listen to the players.
- Video games keep you from exercising, peeing, and cause to die early due to sicknesses.
- Many video games improve trash talk
- Video games help children gain self confidence like Kanye West and believes everything they do is right. Always blame the noob
I will always play video games.
We are all agreed that Playing Video has its advantages and disadvantages. I will always play but not that focused because i can still do a lot like exercising, cleaning house like i'm considering it as part of my physical exercise well, you too can do a lot. Not just playing game. As far as i know, Gaming has always been the best entertainment or hobby that will make you enjoy whenever you feel bored of stressed right? <snip>
- Read this on the site you promote:
- The only thing to click on the content part of this page is a link to a site with ...:
- Google learns: the above text and the rest of the content of this page is the same as on several addiction treatment organizations. I found its is a part (on page 4 etc.) of the e-book "Video Game Addiction Worldwide, Author James W Miller". I'm sure productadvertizer has his written consent to use the text in a Game promoting site? :rolleyes:
- On another page of this site: the same content, ending with:
As far as i know, Gaming has always been the best entertainment or hobby that will make you enjoy whenever you feel bored of stressed right?
- Making music has always been the best that will ...
- Taking a timeout has always been ...
- Have a good walk in the fresh air has always ...
- Exercising has ..
- Cleaning house has ...
- Yoga has ...
Whatever the good sides of playing games and I know many will disagree with me, computer games waste our time we could spent on improving our life and our social relationships with others. Is playing Quake or Bad Company can reduce our stress or improve decision making skills. Good joke that is.
As regards "Games", until now is not defined what a "Game" is. It seems "Game" is interpreted as shooter games, but maybe everybody in the posts above has his/her own interpretation...
- I think you can distinguish at least 4 types of games, in what I call:
- Destructive games: kill as much "enemies" as you can. - I don't like them and cannot identify myself with a 1st or 3rd person shooter or sniper.
- Constructive games: build something, using your imagination. - I've had lots of fun with Roller Coaster Tycoon.
- Adventure games with opponents: kill the opponents and try to reach a certain goal. - Don't appeal to me.
- Adventure games without opponents: solve enigmas and try to reach a certain goal. - I found Siberia has a heart warming story (and extremely good graphics & music).
The (2) I can compare more or less with making a painting for myself. It is creative; in the meantime I cannot be busy with social relationships, but it is creative ("improving my life"), and sometimes I need that.
The (3) I can compare more or less with reading a good book for myself. It is distracting; in the meantime I cannot be busy with social relationships, but it keeps my mind warm ("improving my life"), and sometimes I need that.
Nevertheless: too much is too much, like with everything.
Even social relationships: if you spent too much time in writing/responding mails, sms'es, phone calls, Twitters, Facebook-things and so on, you don't have any time to come at rest for yourself and do your own things, study, work, personal live contacts, sleep, etc. The social media addiction!
Wish everybody can find a good balance: the magic word.
next page →