Confuse in this video

Hi , i am watching in youtube in making the menu nav using photoshop,i am confuse why is that he put label,home,about,etc.when he make this in photoshop,and he said that it can be used in our page?..but as i know that when we make menu, we should not put label first, like Home ,about,services.etc like the image before that i am asking on how to do this “Sprite image” http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?878061-how-to-make-image&highlight= as you can see this image has no text yet or label…if we put label during making it on photoshop,how can we put <li> now in our html
HTML Code:

<ul>
<li>Home</l>
<li>About</l>
<li>Services</l>
</ul>

please enlighten my mind on this.Thank you in avdvance

Personally, I don’t think that’s a very good way to do a menu. It’s just one big image, which isn’t much use on the web unless you cut it up a bit or whatever. You can do all this with CSS, web fonts and the like now, so I’d leave PS out of the equation, unless you just want to make a nice background image for the buttons. In that case, I’d make an image like you linked to, with various states that you can switch around depending on hover etc, using the sprite methods in that thread you linked to.

Thank you for the reply ralph, :slight_smile:

Don’t hesitate to ask for more help. I know my answer didn’t tell how to do it as such, but we can help you if needed. Do have a go at it first, and show us how you are going. :slight_smile: