Hi guys, hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I've spent the past two days reading about and testing out CMS systems, and finally arrived at the conclusion I need some guidance.
I have a little experience with web design, although mostly back in the late 90s/early 00s, but I'm only just starting to become familiar with recent web developments.
I'm creating a site that will consist of 5 sections, only 3 of them being dynamic, and one of those being the home page, which I'd like to pull feeds from my articles section adn the blog section. I have a few requirements for a CMS, which are:
- lightweight code
- capability to do RSS
- ability to select whether or not blog posts are shown on the homepage
- capable of making fluid 3 column layout with header and footer
- easy integration of social media
- marked up to where I have full control over layout with my own stylesheeets
- compatible with eventual inclusion of ecommerce/shopping cart
I've tried WordPress, but I don't want to focus on blogging, so it seems a bad choice. I also delved into BarebonesCMS, and while I liked the functionality it did provide, it didn't have things I need, such as RSS.
If anyone could just point me in the right direction, or even a couple of right directions, I'd much appreciate it. I'm willing to accept somewhat of a learning curve as long as I'm not trying to build my own wheel from scratch.