Contact Form 7 plugin - customize send button

Can I customize the “send” button using my own image on the contact form 7 plugin? If so, not sure which contact form 7 file to edit nor how to do that. Thanks so much!

Sure, use CSS! See Submit Button set a id or class for the button. Write a CSS for that class or ID

Thanks Ryan. It doesn’t show how to use a custom image, though. Or, am I missing it?

Ah ha…in case anyone is reading this and wants to know, the directions RefreshGFX (and Dynamoash) posted totally explains: WordPress › Support » [Plugin: Contact Form 7] custom submit button.

A couple of things that may be helpful:

If you don’t want to use FTP, to get to the style sheet, go to Plugins > Contact Form 7 > Edit > contact-form-7/styles.css from the list of files on the right (as of June 2011 this it is styles.css not stylesheet.css as Refresh stated).

Question:
Does anyone know how to remove the “Submit” text? I wanted to use a button that already had the text on it. Thank you!

well for your contact form (or whatever) you use:

[submit id:contact "Contact Me!"]

Which is like

<input type='submit' id="contact" value="Contact Me!"/>

Then open up style.css

input#contact{
 background: ...
}

Does anyone know how to remove the “Submit” text? I wanted to use a button that already had the text on it. Thank you!
In regular HTML or Contact form 7?

Okay, thanks!

Remove the “Submit” text in Contact Form 7.

Is that a question or statement

Oh…I was replying to your last question. You asked: “In regular HTML or Contact form 7?”

I responded: “Remove the “Submit” text in Contact Form 7”.

Oh sorry.
Well in

[submit id:contact "Contact Me!"]

Contact me is the button text. Simply remove it?

Yeah, I tried that but it didn’t work. I just “erased” the Submit on the custom button and used the submit from the system since I couldn’t find where it was coming from.

I don’t know since I never used this plugin

I see this thread is really old but hopefully someone else searching will find this solution. Just supply a space for the text value in CF7.
[submit " "]