Contact form problem

hi guys…Im trying to get the error message for “contact number” to show up on this form when one clicks submit, without entering it…http://www.aquaplumbingsa.co.za/contactform.php) ive added frmvalidator.addValidation(“Contact number”,“req”,“Please provide your contact number”) at the bottom of php page2) and ive added next to the contact numbercan anyone tell me what i have done wrong ? :frowning:

im not sure if this is really a php question, but from what i can tell your issue is related to the fact that the <span> tag under the contact form has an id of “contactus_email_errorloc” and it should probable be “contactus_contact_errorloc”. thats also why the email error is appearing on top of the email box instead of the bottom

Looks like a javascript problem to me. I’m moving it to the JS forum so you’ll have a better chance of getting an answer (if markedagain’s answer hasn’t already solved your problem).

hi there…hmm… i tried your idea but did contactus_contact_errorloc, as thats what i had called it…no joy :(any javascripters out there that can help?

how do you get this post to show again as none of the replies helped?How do people see that i still need help?

You could add some additional info, like describe what you tried yourself these last two days while waiting for an answer to your question.

i think the point of posting is when we really dont know much about the problem and we have already triedIve noted what i tried in my original postany javascripter please help… this must be easy stuff for you to highlight a required field… i know im not asking anything hard for you guys / :wink: