Contene management system root folder

Hi

I am new to web design and am going to try using different CMS to see which one I like most. I have downloaded, Joomla, concrete 5, expression engine and Dreamweaver. I have already set up a site using Dreamweaver, Wampserver(local) and cpanel. I have installed joomla in the www root folder in WAMP and have it set up. Do i simply do the same for the other CMS’s?? If so there will be 4 index.phps in the www folder and I am worried if i change the name(index(concrete5.php)) it may mess with the pages linking to this index. Is it ok to just go ahead and do this or is there an alternative method??

Thanks in advance

I would put each CMS in an individual folder in the www folder.

I was under the impression that index.php had to be in the root folder(www) of WAMP to get the CMS set up?

So it’s irrelevant as long as it’s in a sub folder of www?

I would try and see.

I use XAMPP and put all my sites in different folders but they do not use a CMS. If you change the index.php name to say index_wp.php for the wordpress setup it may cause more problems.

Cheers Rubble

Putting them in the folder solved the problem, though i was advised before that it might affect the site name e.g localhost/foldername/yoursitename or something like that.

Anyway for me even if that happens its a small problem as I am only testing and starting out. If I could I would abandon the whole CMS business and just develop the sites through dreamweaver but I was led to believe that a CMS is mandatory in the sense that clients need to be able to make textual changes to their site and once you are competant with them they are faster and more efficient. But thats for another thread.

Thanks again.