Content question about search engines

How search engines differentiate between seo and quality content? I am search for answer for a long time and not able to find credible answer.

This should give you a pretty good start point - Steps to a Google-friendly Site

1 Like

Seo friendly content is nothing but writing content by including some keywords in the content to get focused by the crawlers of the goolge, quality content should not be published any where previously in the web, even it shouldn’t be spinning content…

For those that do not know what spinning content is: It is a process of where previous published content is taken and re-written (Spinning) using parameters to change the information into unique content. Wikipedia link There are computer applications that have been specifically designed for this purpose and online services that offer this service as well.

And Google’s algorithms can detect where this has been done, if the occurrence of keywords is too frequent. Quality content written for a human audience - which is what Google recommends - reads differently to poor quality written only with SEO in mind.

[quote=“William_Peterson, post:4, topic:195565”]
For those that do not know what spinning content is: It is a process of where previous published content is taken and re-written (Spinning) using parameters to change the information into unique content.
[/quote]And just to add to that, it is still a form of plagiarism (stealing somebody else’s content). It is also quite easy to detect, so don’t bother trying it.

3 Likes

That’s what I am asking, that how google crawler knows about seo and natural content. @chrisofarabia

Spinning is easy to handle by google. There is an algorithm that can easily implemented by a child. And google speically produce an update for this task.

That’s something I don’t believe we get to find out. Google are understandably reluctant to put too much information out there as to how their algorithms work. The more the world knows about how these work, the easier it is for others to copy or game the system.

2 Likes

I’d like to add my $0.02.

We don’t exactly know how Google’s bots can differentiate content purely for SEO (written for search engine visibility, full of keywords, etc) and quality content (written for your users - here’s an entry that talks about stats in the content marketing context).

That being said, there’s a rule online content writing: always write for your users. Basically, you’re supposed to keep in mind that you’re not writing for a search engine bot, but for a human being looking for answers, solutions, etc. Well-crafted content will always rank high given that it conforms to Google’s 200 Ranking factors (I’m not sure how accurate this list is, but backlinko.com is a good source of SEO material).

2 Likes

If anyone knows how Google spider actually works and what is the actual algo, anyone can crack it. And this is one good reason why they keep on updating it every now and then.
So the simple answer to your question is – better ask Matt Cutts, but I am sure he will not tell you much about it.

Not everything is done by search engine algorithm. This differentiation of quality of content is not done by algorithm rather it is done by manual inspection. Yes, search engines like Google do manually inspect websites.
If we assume that it is automated, then we would have never seen those crappy websites at first page of search engines all with spun content.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.