Content slowing down load speed of page

I have a page on my website dedicated to blog posts, instead of using an actual blog I just update content through text on the page. After updating the content frequently, I am afraid that it is slowing down the load speed of my page, which would negate the advantage of constantly having fresh content. I have a subdomain linked to my blogger account which I can update with those same posts, but I am wondering if updating content on a subdomain through blogger will have the same SEO benefits as updating content on one of the main pages of my site.

The page on my website is http://www.lyftdriverpromo.com/driving-tips/

The subdomain linked to my blogger account with the same content is http://resources.lyftdriverpromo.com

Both are different. For SEO, you need to take both of them as separate domain.

Updating the content on the subdomain won’t have the same effect, no.

Have you considered using a CMS (like WordPress) on that domain, and creating each one of these as posts? If SEO is what you’re after, individual posts will do much better, and you’ll be able to paginate your site so all your content doesn’t need to load for every visitor.

Generally Content does not affect the loading time of a website.

Welcome to the forum, @MikeWilston.

Surely that depends entirely upon what the content is? Text is unlikely to slow it down; large images may very well do so.

1 Like

The text can not ensure your site speed, but you may have another problems…

1. Picture size… DO NOT reduce the size of images with higher resolution as the server should spend time to compare the native size of the picture and then reduce it to that you want. If you have one such picture for all the site - nothing wrong, but if you have a lot of different pictures content, it will harm you …
    Resize you pictures before adding them into the site…

2. Java Script. You should reduce your java script with special methods. You can ask yur programmer how to do this…

3. Also with the CSS - there are special soft that will help you to reduce it. And it will work the same way but much faster. You should also delete all code that is not in use, Test it…

4. Test thespeed of the site processes. There is also special free soft that can help you to discover the speed of each processes…With it`s help you can reveal what process eats our time…

5. Set the caching for your site data…

Use google test speed to see how google sees what about your site speed. You should improve it as fast ads you soon. Otherway your positions and SERP performances worsen. As the one of the criteria of accessement site by google is the sitespeed

If you will update your content you will not have the same effect. SOnt do this as you can injure all your positions in SERP..Moreover you can get filters.. IF you want to copy your text to naother subdomain( I really dont understand for what), so you should set up 301 redirect from the old page to the new obe I don`t think that such refresh of your infiormation can influence on page speed…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.