Content structure for e-commere

Can any one suggest what is the best content structure for an e-commerce website? How to write effective product descriptions?

Short, sweet and to the point is what I want. If I’m looking into buying a product, I want to know what it is and what it’ll do for me and I often don’t have enough time to read a lengthy description.

Heres an idea: Write a short description that is informative and to the point, then offer a larger more detailed description if needed/wanted.

right. thanks

Your Ecommerce sites must have the following things to look great… Sliding images in the header that portrays your products. Then your hottest deals, discount coupons in the centre. Left and right side you can use for related products or some category purpose. Also have a subscribe option so that you will get email database.

Why? There are scads of ecommerce sites that don’t have any of that kind of hype and they do very well.

It is tricky. Having no description or short is good sometimes, but if you care about SEO, this might not be a good idea.
I would have short description and hidden div with more detailed description that is visible for search engines.