[CONTEST] Let the PUN begin

Mark was quick as a flash and won in a print to the finish.

After leaving the web content generation field, Mark won a gold medal for gymnastics with a Drupal somersault dismount.

Mark performed brilliantly in the diving events, accustomed as he was to letting his HEAD come first, BODY second. For the very same reason he failed miserably in the long jump and the pole vault.

Will he make a [MARK] in the [TRACK], or will he [STRIKE] himself in the [FOOTER]?

TIME TO VOTE

Which phrase was your favorite Groaner?
Make a selection in the POLL. The winner will have a choice of any Sitepoint Book (in electronic form).

The Poll mechanism limits the length of each item. Please refer to the original posts when making your selection.

Stage performed extremely in the scuba diving actions, familiar as he was to enabling his HEAD come first, BODY second. he failed really in the long jump and the publish package.

<snip />

Tough decision…

Crawling during the 200m didn’t share the same PageRank results that Mark was used to
<snip>Links removed</snip>

What an awesome response to the first of our pun contests! A 4-way tie…

I’m going to step in an cast my vote as the tie breaker and then hand over to @ParkinT; to wrap things up.

I’m voting for “Mark performed brilliantly in the diving events, accustomed as he was to letting his HEAD come first, BODY second.” Clever…

Thanks to all who entered.

Congratulations to @Little;
You have won Sitepoint’s FIRST PUN CONTEST.
Send me (or HAWK) a PM to claim your prize; Your choice of any Sitepoint book in electronic form

Mark decided to use his experience in getting a lot of hits to help him on to the Olympic boxing team.

Mark was hoping to use some of his previous experience, but unfortunately, “tag” was not an official Olympic sport.