Convert table to graphic to make it easier to understand

Dear all, I have a table which although to me makes sense, others have commented it is too complicated.

There is a service, which is priced dependent on the number of users.

Pricing for the first 1 to 14 users is at one tier, pricing for next 15 to 49 users at a reduced tier, and 50 to 99 at a further reduced tier.

The more users they have the cheaper the per user cost is.

Would you have any recommendations about how this table could be changed to make it easier to understand, or converted to a graphic?

Thanks in advance

[FONT=verdana]Personally, I think the table is perfectly clear and doesn’t need any major changes. But I’m presumably not typical of your customers.

Converting it to a graphic won’t itself make it any clearer or less clear. What’s important is the layout and the content, not whether it’s presented as graphics or text.

That said, I can suggest a few minor improvements:

1. Make it clear that the figures in the individual cells are per user.

2. Add a currency symbol to these figures.

3. Remove the User Count heading (it’s not a strictly correct heading for either the row or the column to which it refers, and is in any case unnecessary).

4. Consider adding an example of the pricing (“For example, 52 users of the Base Edition would cost 72 cents (3 x 14 + 2 x 14 + 2 x 1)”)

(On reflection, I’m not sure point 4 is really necessary, but you might consider it anyway.)

If these suggestions don’t solve the problem, I would go back to the people who have said it’s too complicated, and ask them what in particular they don’t understand (but don’t expect to get a useful reply from them).

Mike

[/FONT]

Your pricing table already seems perfectly clear to me (and can be even better with Mikl’s suggestions). I think we’re all used to seeing pricing tables like this.

Often when people say things like: ‘There’s too much text’, or ‘It’s too complicated’, or ‘It needs more pictures’, what they are really saying is: ‘I’m actually not interested in this topic in the first place, which is why I can’t be bothered to read any text about it or figure out any details. I am not a potential customer. Just entertain me with some pictures!’

People who are genuine potential customers are not going to be put off for one second by your table, IMO.

Paul

I agree with Paul and Mike. Further, remember that those who do understand it aren’t going to complain. So you really only have access to negative feedback. Look at your site stats. If you have 1000 page views per day and two complaints, that would be one indicator that puts complainers at .2% of your visitors. Another way is to look at your conversion rate. If you are getting 98 orders per day and two complaints, that would put complainers at 2% of your customer base. You can’t please all of the people all of the time.

I think the table is OK, but would be more effective if the axis were reversed…

Thanks for all the valuable replies, very useful. Special thanks to @DaveMaxwell for me that is the layout I was looking for but my poor brain just couldn’t see it!

[FONT=verdana]Glad you found the advice useful. I must say that Dave is right: it does look a lot better with the axes reversed.

Mike[/FONT]

Glad I could help. Feel free to stop in anytime - we like conversations like this :smiley: