Cookie semicolon problem

I am just creating an cookie in my script. And I cannot figure out one thing. When the script bellow runs in creates a cookie “apple=sweet”. However I need for the rest of the script the cookie appear “apple=sweet;” And I cannot figure out where the semicolon is not red. Ty.

function egh() {
alert(document.cookie);
setCookie(‘apple’, ‘sweet’);
alert(document.cookie);
}

function setCookie(name, value){
document.cookie = name+“=”+value;+“; expires=15/02/2008 00:00:00”+“;path=/”
}

Cookies are handled by the browser by delimiting with a semicolon- to transfer a literal ‘;’ encode the value before you write it, and decode it before you read it.

function setCookie(name, value){
document.cookie = name+“=”+ encodeURIComponent(value+‘;’)+";

to read it-var s=decodeURIComponent(document.cookie)

A cookie is a small piece of information stored by the browser. Each cookie is stored in a name=value; pair called a crumb—that is, if the cookie name is “id” and you want to save the id’s value as “this”, the cookie would be saved as id=this. You can store up to 20 name=value pairs in a cookie, and the cookie is always returned as a string of all the cookies that apply to the page. This means that you must parse the string returned to find the values of individual cookies.

Cookies accumulate each time the property is set. If you try to set more than one cookie with a single call to the property, only the first cookie in the list will be retained.

You can use the Microsoft® JScript® split method to extract a value stored in a cookie.

Examples

This example creates a cookie with a specified name and value. The value is passed to the JScript escape function to ensure that the value only contains valid characters. When the cookie is retrieved, the JScript unescape function should be used to translate the value back to its original form.

<SCRIPT>
// Create a cookie with the specified name and value.
// The cookie expires at the end of the 20th century.
function SetCookie(sName, sValue)
{ date = new Date(); document. cookie = sName + “=” + escape(sValue) + “; expires=” + date.toGMTString(); }
</SCRIPT>

This example retrieves the value of the portion of the cookie specified by the sCookie parameter.

<SCRIPT>
// Retrieve the value of the cookie with the specified name.
function GetCookie(sName) {
// cookies are separated by semicolons
var aCookie = document. cookie .split(“; “);
for (var i=0; i < aCookie.length; i++)
{ // a name/value pair (a crumb) is separated by an equal sign
var aCrumb = aCookie[i].split(”=”);
if (sName == aCrumb[0]) return unescape(aCrumb[1]); }
// a cookie with the requested name does not exist return null; }
</SCRIPT>

This example deletes a cookie by setting its expires attribute to a past date. A cookie deleted in this manner might not be removed immediately by the browser.

<SCRIPT>
// Delete the cookie with the specified name.
function DelCookie(sName)
{ document. cookie = sName + “=” + escape(sValue) + “; expires=Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:59:59 GMT;”; }
</SCRIPT>