Copied Content

Hello Friends,

Am having web design website for USA. What’s my question is, in my website am having lots of suburb pages like. www.xyz.com/website-design-chicago, www.xyz.com/website-design-new-york like this I added more then 12. In that I added same content only I changed that city name. Is this good r bad. I wann to change the content for all the pages ?

I don’t see the point of having multiple pages if the content is the same on each. You may find that search engines just index one of the pages anyway, considering the others pointless duplicates.

I’d suggest either making the content on each page unique, or just mentioning each suburb on the one page.

1 Like

I want to change content for all suburbs ? or 50 % of content ? And I need some more details can you please explain.

I presume your question is related to this one?

As @ralphm says, having pages which are effectively the same apart from the location is unlikely to have any benefit. Unless your page is one of the best for the search term “web design New York”, it’s highly unlikely to appear anywhere in the search results when competing with sites which actually are based in New York. And having multiple pages for different locations like that may well make Google decide your entire site is Spammy, and will have a negative - rather than positive - effect.

[quote=Google]In the rare cases in which Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our users, we’ll also make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved. As a result, the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results.[/quote]https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66359?hl=en

If you have an actual, physical presence in various locations - such as a chain of hotels or restaurants - then having a page for each with the location and details of the specific venue makes sense. When you’re based in a single location, and simply trying to attract traffic from other areas, it does not.

Speaking as a human, not a search engine, this kind of practice really annoys me and would ensure I don’t use your services. If I search for a service in my location, I want one based in my location. I don’t want to have to waste time searching through the site, only to discover you’re actually at the other end of the country - or the other side of the world. After all, if location were not important to me, I wouldn’t have used it as a search term.

2 Likes

duplicate content is never good.

Content copy generally known as “plagiarism”, doing that in a site is not at all good idea, you can lose your pagerank or you might also suffer from blacklisting by Google as it is a way of black hat seo tactic.

copied content is not considered as White hat SEO tactic…!!!

[quote=“jenny1, post:6, topic:113826”]
Content copy generally known as “plagiarism”,
[/quote]That’s only if you’re copying somebody else’s content; in this case, the OP wants to copy his own content over multiple pages with just very minor changes.

I think we’ve all agreed that copied content is not a good idea, so we don’t really need any more posts which just say that. If that’s all you want to add, then please use the “like” button to agree with one of the existing posts, rather than fill the topic with repetitive statements.

Does anybody have any constructive ideas or advice for the OP’s situation? Other ways of tackling his problem?

1 Like

it never helps with SEO. clear and updated content is the best choice

Hi
If you want to write the things for city wise than you can do in one page why do you need a number of pages to do it that too with SAME CONTENT. If you are using same content or repeating the content than thats VERY BAD. Try to keep your content simple and Unique.

There is no need to create particular pages for each suburb. You can add your multiple location address in contact us page. (If you have physical address for each suburb). Else there is no need to create different page.

And Still if you want to go with multiple suburb page then you must have unique content for each pages.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.