Copy content from word into a formatting text box

Hello,
I am using a formatting text box, for example, like like the one in the image that I have attached.
I can copy content/text, links, etc… from a word document into the formatting text box.
When I copy content from word and paste it into the formatting text box and click on the HTML to view and edit the HTML, I see alot of coding from word, what i would like to know is, without handcoding all this, is there a way to get rid of the word coding when i paste it into the formatting text box?
I know I can just use HTML and format the content that way, but im would like to know if its just the way the formatting text box has been formatted or if there is another way to get rid of the word coding and have clean code in the formatting text box.
thank you very much

from the site:

Insert clean HTML from Microsoft Word.

When text is pasted from Microsoft Word a lot of unnecessary word specific markup is carried across. This can result in web pages that take an unnecessarily long time to download. The Paste from Word button solves this by removing word markup before pasting the text into your page.

could it be that you’re not using the latest version?

it could also be that the setting needs to be activated:

ok, the image is approved, the image in my first post. That is the formatting text box that I am using. Do you know what setting I would need to activate within the text box?

yeah, like the formatting text box that’s in the image that I have attached. The attachment still says pending approval at the moment, so im guessing the image will be approved soon so you can see the image.
what setting would I need to activate within the text box?

not seeing the image, but are you referring to any particular formatting box? like TinyMCE or CKeditor? Some of these come with a cleanup button that gets rid of these things, others can do this by default but you need to activate a setting. It’s worth checking out the documentation.

I found what editor it is they are using, it is CuteEditor
http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/

Im not exactly sure what editor it is that I’m using, but it gets used by everyone to update the website. I did a view source and it looks like it came from asp.net somewhere. I know the obvious is not to copy and paste from word, but others use it was well and not everyone knows HTML coding, they would rather copy and paste from word. I dont see a “cleanup” button either. Do you think it might of been something that has been taken out of the formatted text box and something that can be coded back in?

Great! Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

What editor are you using? I can’t see a “cleanup” button on the image.

Of course the obvious solution is not to paste directly from Word :slight_smile: