Could you be a wordpress pro, without knowing how to program

I am not asking if it’s advisable. I only want to know how realistic such an endeavor would be.

If you knew about setting up sites, themes, plugins, analytics, adwords, integrating with social media, etc. But knew very little html/css, php, mysql, javascript, or flash. Could you still run a small business?

Let’s further suppose you had access to programmer’s for the times you needed them so you could sub-contract.

Could such a business be feasible?

I cannot see a smidgen of demand for any of that. That is all stuff anybody can easily do themselves.

What that business would essentially be is nothing more than a sales outfit that hustles business and then subs out all the actual work. Yes, something like that could be feasible. People are doing it now. So it is feasible.

I don’t think it is honest to refer to yourself as a Wordpress pro.

In some cases there is a need for that type of minimal work. Typically though some type of customization is always involved.

I suppose but at that point you become a project manager and take on all the risk.

When it is all said and done if you are a good sales person this could be a viable business model. If you’re not a very good sales person than you don’t really seem to have very much to offer as a business. Not to mention there is a lot of competition out there for the Wordpress stuff. You don’t seem to offer very much value even in comparison to a designer who might dabble in some programming. Then again I don’t use Wordpress so I could be wrong. However, I’m pretty aware that Wordpress market is saturated with underlings working for pennies.

There are quite a few people who do this. For those clients which have no interest in maintaining their own wordpress site and such. It is possible but finding the clients will be hard because this type of job is quite easy to do so you are competing with lots of others.

I think you would benefit greatly by at least learning HTML and CSS to a good level so you can take a theme and customise it for clients.

yeah any one can be a Pro on wordpress but my personal experience is that a Blogger or WP user must have some knowledge about HTML or php other wise he need to depends on other programmer for every changes r implementation.

Well, you could use that knowledge about " setting up sites, themes, plugins, analytics, adwords, integrating with social media, etc." but i think you can’t call yourself a Wordpress pro with such knowledge because as you had mentioned, you still need help from other programmers. So, at least learn more about html/css.

I think success depends more on being popular than programming skills so you could run a successful setup service if you know how to build your brand and target the right audience.

The marketing side of things like guest posting on popular blogs could be very effective.

I know people that do this. They usually work with a theme like Genesis that is highly customizable. It is helpful if it is a side service for someone that has another skill like SEO or Copywriting. The quality of the work is generally low, and not something I would advise. It is more viable for very low budget work.