Count = 0 ? Should be 1

Thank you very much for your help, how ever the script doesnt seem to have worked hehe.

I’ve ran the script and checked my database but there 3 rows of data that say NO still say NO.

http://www.loudnewmedia.com/ispcheck3.jpg

What information do you need from me to see what went wrong?

Just so you know ill be offline for the next 5hrs or so, just dont want to keep you hanging around waiting for me to reply :slight_smile:

Might want to throw an echo mysql_error(); just below the update query execution. Does it spit anything out? (also, make sure you’ve got the latest version of that paste… i had to edit a couple of times)

That would become something like:

UPDATE Table1
LEFT OUTER JOIN Table 2 
ON Table1.joincolumname = Table.joincolumnname 
SET Table1.SomeField = COALESCE(Table2.Someotherfield, "MANUAL")

So to take what guido has provided that into your case, AdWarm, I believe that would make your whole script reducable to…

<?php

require("./databaseconnection.php"); //Get Database Login Information

mysql_connect(localhost,$username,$password) or die(mysql_error());
@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Oops theres an error, our highly trained monkeys have been notified.");

mysql_query('UPDATE leads LEFT OUTER JOIN ValidISP ON leads.IPISP = ValidISP.ISP SET leads.IPCheck = COALESCE(ValidISP.Status, "MANUAL") WHERE leads.IPCheck = "NO"');
echo mysql_error(); //just in case.
?>

(PS: Strongly consider moving into mysqli or PDO, as mysql (library) is being taken out of PHP (deprecated as of 5.5))

EDIT: forgot the WHERE.

Hi Guys,

I really appreciate the help your giving me, I’v just tried the above code but it just sets everything to MANUAL for some reason :frowning:

Thank you again.

@StarLion
@guido2004

Thanks for the help so far both of you, how ever I’m still having a problem with this and iv been trying to work it out myself but my mind is completely baffeled as to why its not working :frowning:

Can i be cheeky and ask for a bit more help please?

Thank you.

What records do you get when you run this query on your database?
SELECT * FROM leads LEFT OUTER JOIN ValidISP ON leads.IPISP = ValidISP.ISP WHERE leads.IPCheck = “NO”’

Thanks for your help! I get the following:

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). ( Query took 0.0005 sec )

Sorry i forgot to set the IPCHECK as NO since last time i ran it it set them all to MANUAL. I’ve set 4 of them to NO and now it get this:

Showing rows 0 - 3 ( 4 total, Query took 0.0259 sec)

Which is the 4 i set to NO.

Sorry, let me be more precise;
What value is in the Status column in those records?

If your talking about the value of IPCheck then those 4 are set as NO.

No, that query should have returned a Status column as well, as part of the join with ValidISP…

Yea sorry abotu that, my database has a good number of columns so i didn’t see them as they are at the end, they all say NULL.

So the query did what it was supposed to do. Now you need to figure out why those entries have NULL for their match to ValidISP…
I can now tell you that your database is either missing data, or your data is not matching for some reason (I keep looking at the extraneous space characters on the ends of those names…)

I’ve checked, checked and double checked. I cant see any difference on the data in the database, no spaces before of after each data entry. I’m at a lost as to why, if i give you access to the database can you take a look at it for me please? i trust you.

Thanks

I refer back to the post where you pasted this:

SELECT * FROM `ValidISP` WHERE `ISP` = 'HUTCHISON 3G UK LIMITED '
resource(4) of type (mysql result)
ISP Checks completed!

Look closer at the end of that string. There’s a space between “LIMITED” and the closing '. It implies that the value in the ValidISP table has a space at the end, where the value in the leeds table does not.
Try this query:
SELECT CONCAT(“Thisisthestart”,ISP,“ThisIstheEnd”) FROM ValidISP;
and see if that helps you see any spaces on the front/end of the values.

I understand that, but i checked the data in the database and there is no space at the end of the data. As what we have been doing is just SQL it cant be the PHP code as there is none, iv checked the records, made sure theres no space at the end and PHPMYADMIN is saying there is no space at the end of the records. I’m really stuck here :frowning:

If your database/PMA is open to the web, send me a PM with your login credentials and I will take a look. I’m telling you there are spaces on those fields that are causing the mismatch, though :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, we were both right.

There are no spaces there.
However, there IS a carriage return or newline character on the end of the ISPIP values of LeadID’s 10, 11, and 12. This would cause a mismatch. You need to trim your values. (probably need to trim every string in the database, if this has been going on for a while.)

I chopped the extraneous character off of LeadID 10, and it now returns a value of PASS instead of NULL when the query is executed.

LeadID 9 will still return NULL (and then be set to manual)… this is the correct behavior, as it does not have a matching entry in the ValidISP table.

Hmmm to the eye it doesnt look like there was a space as the cursor was at the end of the data, but if i press the arrow right then its still at the end of the data so your right about there being a space after it, which is strange. So that leaves 2 things then as to why a space is added at the end. Either the data in the table called geo has a space at the end of every record (just checked and can confirm there is no space). So then that leaves the PHP code adding the lead to the database, which iv also noticed another problem, dont know if you noticed but in the leads table under the Mobile field you can see they all have a ’ in it and it shouldn’t. Now my page is quite a long script, so below i have listed the code that i think only you need to.

// Quote variable to make safe  
function quote_smart($value)  
{  
   // Stripslashes  
   if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {  
       $value = stripslashes($value);  
   }  
   // Quote if not a number or a numeric string  
   if (!is_numeric($value)) {  
       $value = "'" . mysql_real_escape_string($value) . "'";  
   }  
   return $value;  
} // end make safe

//Get ISP Of IP Address
list($ip1, $ip2, $ip3, $ip4) = explode(".", $ip);
$ipnum = $ip1*(256*256*256)+$ip2*(256*256)+$ip3*256+$ip4;
mysql_connect(localhost,$username,$password);
@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Oops theres an error, our highly trained monkeys have been notified.");
$query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM `geo` WHERE %s BETWEEN `IP1` AND `IP2`",
			quote_smart($ipnum));

$result=mysql_query($query);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
  {
  $ipcountry=$row['Country'];
  $ipcc=$row['Code'];
  $ipisp=$row['ISP'];
  }
//mysql_close();
//End

//Add Lead To Database
mysql_connect(localhost,$username,$password);

$query2 = sprintf("INSERT INTO leads (ProgramID, ProgramName, AffID, SubID, AdID, ClickIP, LeadIP, Status, Referer, Payout, NetPayout, MerchantPayout, Title, FirstName, LastName, CompanyName, Address1, Address2, City, County, PostCode, Country, Telephone, Mobile, EmailAddress, TermsAgreed, EmailContact, TelephoneContact, PostContact, MobileSubmit, MobileOS, OS, Browser, UserAgent, IPISP, IPCC, IPCountry, POFCheck, EmailCheck, IPCheck, UserAgentCheck, FraudCheck, CountryCheck, TelephoneCheck, DuplicationCheck, UniqueID) VALUES (%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,'%s','%s',%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s)",
			quote_smart($ProgramID),
			quote_smart($ProgramName),
			quote_smart($affid),
			quote_smart($subid),
			quote_smart($adid),
			quote_smart($clickip),
			quote_smart($ip),
			quote_smart($status),
			quote_smart($referer),
			quote_smart($affpayout),
			quote_smart($netpayout),
			quote_smart($merchantpayout),
			quote_smart($title),
			quote_smart($firstname),
			quote_smart($lastname),
			quote_smart($companyname),
			quote_smart($address1),
			quote_smart($address2),
			quote_smart($city),
			quote_smart($county),
			quote_smart($postcode),
			quote_smart($country),
			quote_smart($telephone),
			quote_smart($mobilen),
			quote_smart($emailaddress),
			quote_smart($termsagreed),
			quote_smart($emailcontact),
			quote_smart($telephonecontact),
			quote_smart($postcontact),
			quote_smart($mobilesubmit),
			quote_smart($mobileosoutput),
			quote_smart($osoutput),
			quote_smart($browseroutput),
			quote_smart($useragent),
			quote_smart($ipisp),
			quote_smart($ipcc),
			quote_smart($ipcountry),
			quote_smart($pofcheck),
			quote_smart($emailcheck),
			quote_smart($ipcheck),
			quote_smart($useragentcheck),
			quote_smart($fraudcheck),
			quote_smart($countrycheck),
			quote_smart($telephonecheck),
			quote_smart($duplicationcheck),
			quote_smart($uniqueid));
			//print $query2;
mysql_query($query2) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_close();
//End

Can you see why theres a space added for IPISP?

EDIT: looks like PHPMYADMIN doesnt show the extra space at the end, only MySQL Workbench shows it so since i was using PHPMYADMIN thats why i couldnt see the space at the end.