Crazy keyboard

Continuing the discussion from Text becomes crazy - gobbledegook pc:

I still have the problem. Vexing.

You still have the same (virus?) problem after three years, and are now extending a thread that was closed a year ago to discuss it?

Also, you’re still using Windows XP?

OK, so… have you tried any other solutions since then? Malwarebytes is a good one. Explore any non-malware potential causes? Taken it anywhere to have it looked at? If I had a recurring problem that annoying I’d have wiped it and re-installed Windows a long time ago, to be honest!

1 Like

i don’t think it is a virus, virus checkers found nothing
malwarebytes found nothing
doesn’t happen often enough to warrant drastic action
any more ideas will be appreciated :smile:

I don’t know… it feels like you’ve been living with this for so long…

Although I suspect that it has nothing to do, my brother used to have lots of problems with his laptop. Whenever he started to write, the character on the screen didn’t match the character he typed and he could only write gibberish (well, that only happened sometimes, not always but there was no pattern. Sometimes in the mornings, sometimes in the evenings)

Sometimes it would even start to write by itself!. After a few months of frustration thinking that he had a virus so smart that no anitvirus or security software could catch it, we discovered that the whole issue was that in the flat below they used a wireless keyboard and that was affecting his laptop. In the same way, when my brother wrote, he was affecting the frustrated secretary that couldn’t understand why his computer wrote silly things from time to time

1 Like

Did you get a chance to try @ronpat’s suggestion here? Text becomes crazy - gobbledegook pc - #14 by ronpat

I’m surprised that, after three years, you PC isn’t rotting away in a tip somewhere! As said above, sounds too long to have endured such a serious issue!

I concur with trying the suggestion made my @ronpat. Also, for what it’s worth, you should try

(Did you try Doug G’s suggestion of testing with a different keyboard? That would seem to be a more reliable way to rule out a hardware problem there.)

It doesn’t really sound like a keyboard error to me, but it wouldn’t be a hard thing to troubleshoot and rule out;

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.