Creating a logo for a blog

Good day sitepoint, just want to ask for some advice in creating a logo. I’m designing the client’s blog and will be coding it and would like to add a logo for his blog. In creating a logo where should i start. At the moment I’m just thinking a simple logo with only typography. By the way he brings a skateboard with him sometimes when goes to the office not sure if that will help me picture a good logo for my client hehe

Ask your client. After all, you aren’t clairvoyant and the guessing game is really not business like. ( for all you know he carries a skateboard because he cant afford bus fare, and it could be shame not pride… not saying is the case, just saying dont make assumptions ASK CONFIDENTLY… and then let your once you have concrete info from the source ( your client) let your imagination run wild. OH yeah, since this will lead to MANY good ideas present only 3-5 or you might confuse your client.

For me, a good starting point would be the name of the blog. I can’t imagine designing anything without a name, or at least a general idea of the purpose of the blog… Then I would ask if there are any specific colors, fonts or images that your client doesn’t like.

You need to know what niche does your client operates in. It is there you can get a basis or framework for your logo. You need to be constantly in touch with your client in the designing process. In this way, you will what he/she wants in or out of the logo.

Take a proper overview of the business from the client and understand the theme of the website. You can also take the help from the websites that creates logo for free. These site will provide you the complete overview about the look and feel that your client want.

Here is some EXCELLENT principles for creating a logo:

Logo design is not as simple as you may think. You might want to outsource this part of the task if you don’t know what you’re doing in that area.

Making a logo of a website is not much difficult as it seems. Ashmoresign.com is a leading company in the field of logo maker. You can take experience of logo making. Just visit our site below.

The words be of English and is very well spelled, but, of the grammar and meaning may found to be without many focus.

Hello dear, At first you have to think that what does the buyer’s want…try to understand.what should you do…here is huge sample logo.just look by the this link below.

Try here : http://www.logoblog.org/

Logo is the important thing in website, so I suggest if you don’t have experience creating logo before you can outsource, leave it to experts…

I agree, it depends on your client’s niche and what ‘vibe’ they want to come across…also it would be nice to design the logo so that all or some element of it can be used as an icon as well (may come in handy for whatever future needs arise - favicon, avatar picture, etc).

Hi,
Illustrator is good for designing logo .Because It will give vector output .

What I always do is have the client draw what they envision their logo to be on a sheet of paper. I will take that and work with a vector in Illustrator then finalize the finishing touches in Photoshop. The client should be the one you ask about all of the little details.

It would better if you can mention blog name in logo; not full name just put initial letter of each word and arrange them to create a professional meaningful look. For example lookout the logo of company Clipping Path Source (http://clippingpathsource.com). It is most popular and easy way to create logo.

if you have the resouces you can learn photoshop its quick and easy

First keep in mind what is the topic of your blog and then according to the topic just pick an image and then use your blog name in your logo.

Since the OP never bothered to return to this thread, I think it’s met it’s purpose.

THREAD CLOSED