Creating an Alter Ego for Success?

What do you think about the concept of creating an Alter Ego for success. This Alter Ego will encompass all the positive qualities that you don’t show. Notice I did not say possess. For we all possess some of these positive qualities. We just don’t have an OZ to bring them out of us. “Fake it till ya make it” is the idea I suppose I am trying to give. Don’t musicians and actors change their names to create a new image? Well that’s sort of the idea I am going with. What do you think?

Are you going to call yourself “Austin Powers” or something?

It really depends upon which context Batman that you are considering altering your identity do you mean for online or in real-life. A lot of people use handles anyway online so unless you have a really bad username and you usually post with, it shouldn’t matter about having a rock-star name like; “Mighty Web Guy” or whatever.

No one else?

Anything you post under an account that isn’t your name is working under an alias - that’s part of the appeal (and a negative aspect) of online activities. You can be as open or as hidden as you’d like.

Personally, I’ve always posted under my own name. Always have and probably always will since I figure if you don’t like what I do or say, that’s your choice, but I’m going to be who I am regardless.

i wasn’t going to reply because i don’t need an alter ego, the one i gots is sufficient

but since you pleaded, i’ll simply say that instead of creating an alter ego, you could use your time more effectively by just getting on with life

well, not you personally, i mean anyone

Why need of alter ego…

In what capacity? online? On this forum?