Creating an Anti AdBlock Plugin for WordPress

While I will empathise with webmasters/coders who rely on ads to generate the revenue necessary to keep a site afloat, the inarguable fact is that most of the ads being used, today, are bandwidth choking, or have something about them that makes it really difficult/slow to load the desired content.

You post a way to flout AdBlock. Someone will improve AdBlock to thwart that. Someone else will devise a way to cripple that. And so on… and so on… and so on…

Instead of propagating a war that will never be won by either side, how about implementing ads that are NOT intrusive, or don’t impede the process of delivering the content that the user originally WANTS to view?

I especially hate ads that use video, and even more if the video plays automatically upon page load. The same purpose can be achieved with a simple, non-animated banner ad across the top of the page. But marketing gurus don’t like that because it’s not “in your face” enough.

Which is why third-party plugins like AdBlock were created, in the first place. I use AdBlock on my browsers, at home, and love it. What you are promoting will serve only to alienate much of the target demographic, and cause many users to avoid a website/page until another “solution” to block your solution is presented.

V/r,

:slight_smile:

2 Likes