Creating "shopping" page for a non-profit community coop

I’ve been looking through different eCommerce open-source solutions, but basically just got lost and confused in all the options.

Background: For the last 7 years I have been creating, updating and improving the website for our local community centre (that has gone from concept to reality) as a volunteer, as well as updating the membership database. I am in the process of creating a new website (in Drupal) that reflects the fact that we now actually have a functional community centre, with courses, classes, dances, movies…

Question: I have been asked if I could create registration forms for the different classes, courses, camps, that would auto-populate with the member’s personal information. Currently all user (membership) information has been manually input into a MS Access database with each member (we’re at around 1300 members right now) having a membership # as unique id/primary key.
So basically we have a couple of things that we would like to sell and ship (ie. t-shirts and cds), but the main application would be to get people to sign up for activities. We have Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall programmes and lots of return customers, all of which you have to be a coop member in order to sign-up. We have a PayPal account which we could tie into with some payment module.

Anyway, I was wondering how I could tie this all together and set something up. Keeping in mind that I do have a full-time job and this is a volunteer service to my community.

I’ll tackle the mandatory bi-lingual thing later. :frowning:

I would very much appreciate any leads/ideas on how to accomplish this. My goal is to have something set-up for Winter programming sign-up at the end of the year. My brain is old and full.