Criteria of a Quality Article

An article is of high quality if it meets the following:

1.The article should have been written not only for the spiders but for actual readers as well who are browsing through the Internet to find “information”.

2.The information that the article holds should not read as if it were some scholarly document nor a product manual. It should have some human touch to it—sense, humor, and most readers much like conversational articles. And please avoid technical jargons.

3.Basically, if from the summary alone, I’d be barraged with wrong grammar and misspelled words, I would definitely not continue reading it. So be extra careful about these mistakes.

4.Almost everything about the article should be enticing from the title down to the resource box.

5.The article should possess an enigma which makes the reader go through it entirely.

1. Shorter but meatier paragraphs are the way to go. Aside from people are more attracted to more white space, it would make the flow of the article more lively.

Pay attention to title…It should be attractive and not long…
Of course the gist of your article…Not monotonous, not very formal. People like interesting articles with humorous moments…

Criteria of a Quality Article:–

1. Well-written
  2. No Grammatical-error, no typos
  3. 100% original should pass copyscape.
  4. Word count 300-500 words minimum
  5. Informative and interesting to read.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Yes after all it is the content that will finally have to inspire your audience to do a real action. SEO can only help you bring the traffic to the site.

i rate articles for its length and the simplicity to follow the examples or ideas expressed.

i usually hate looong and boring articles that only have a single thought and idea to it. i would consider a manual, but not an article. there are times i read articles with too much words, i may consider it a speech which is again boring. that is just my opinion anyway.

but pertaining to grammar, if it has a bad grammar, it fails to be an article, its garbage, they’re not even supposed to write them in the first place.

Close your eyes for a moment and visualize the world’s most beautiful individual, at least in your opinion. Then answer this question: What makes that person so beautiful?

Bright green eyes set just so far apart? Perfectly formed lips? Stunning skin coloring? Satiny hair? High cheek bones? The list goes on. No matter how many physical attributes you mention, I guarantee you will miss some that impact your perception of that person’s beauty, such as certain subtle relationships between facial features and the way everything comes together to form an attractive whole.

Plus, you will not likely be able to put your finger on some appealing characteristics that are less tangible than hair color or the shape of the mouth – like that almost imperceptible widening of the eyes or quick tilting of the head. You’re probably not even aware of many of these things on a conscious level. But they are there and you notice them whether you consciously realize it or not.

Asking “What makes a good article,” is a lot like asking why someone looks beautiful to you. When you read the article, you will be aware of certain things you like about it (good information, easy to read and understand, concise), but you will not be able to put your finger on other elements that draw you to it. They are too subtle. Understated stylistic techniques, slight inflections of tone, the ability to maintain just the right amount of tension throughout the piece, and a plethora of additional elements and characteristics play important but often invisible roles in making an article “good” or “bad.”

You can’t apply a formula to this. It’s far too complex. If it could be formulized, machines would spit out wonderful articles in reams and article writers would be on the streets.

What you can do, however, is work on one way to improve your writing at a time. Work on pacing until you become a super-star at it. Work on content organization until you can do it in your sleep. Work on titles until you become a great title writer.

But whatever you do, do not overanalyze the article writing process. If you do you’ll be like the golfer or tennis player who returns from a long lesson with a pro only to find that she’s thinking so much about everything she learned that she can’t feel it anymore and can’t even take a decent swing.

Continuou improvements are crucial to success as a writer. (You can find a ton of things to work on on my blog site on real-world writing tips: http://thewritersbag.com.) But remember: over-analysis will paralyze you – and paralyzed writers never write good articles.

A good article must possess the following:

1. Title - a unique and very catchy title.
  2. Summary - this will give your potential reader on what your article is all about.
  3. Body - an informative, well written article will make your reader impress ad will tend to search more of your article.
  4. Author’ Box - you can give a few details about you, what you likely to write, nd also the link of your website (if you have).
  5. keywords - helps your SEARCHING reader to find your article.

Adding to that, i think the font, the font size and colour are very important. You don’t want your readers to tire their eyes out.

Well first of all you have to make sure that you have the spelling and grammar down pat. Nothing throws a reader off than wrong spelling or wrong grammar. It would first of all make you look stupid, and it wouldn’t really do much for your reputation.

After basic construction, then comes the elements that make an article interesting and engaging. Elements of style and delivery comes into play. The title should not be misleading and if ever it is, it should never stray too far away from the main topic. Some authors use distant relations for their title and when you’re good it sometimes works.

Targeted
Informative
Concise
Correct
Current
WIIFM? (user-centred)
Human interest factor
Humour

Most everything else has already been said, but I’ve never gone wrong in following those rules and I’ve been writing professionally for more than 20 years. Web writing requires specific formatting, but good writing is good writing no matter where it appears. I also teach writing for new media and I am continually amazed by how many people think writing/content is the last thing they need to worry about when starting a site.

Hi all.
Nice tips on article writing.

Title of a article is very important.
Heading and summery of the article should descriptive and up to the point.
Rest of the article should be correct and heart catching.

Then only a visitor will read your article.

I usually write articles based on my experience, I seriously hate these SEO sites that has no content, or telling the same stuff over and over again

It is interesting that so many comments focus on clarity, but none of color. I am sorry, but I have to state that great content involves the ability to evoke emotion in the reader. Education needs some flare to aid in learning. Too much information without tone will bore a reader and you will not keep them coming back for more.

That’s not right about SEO.
In fact, more than 80% articles are from SEO people writing for their clients.
Content is the major part of SEO.

it’s also good to start every paragraph with a topic sentence. Instead of stuffing the whole paragraph with keywords, you can use the topic sentence to place in your major keywords, basically what your article is all about. You can make variations of this in every paragraph so it wouldn’t look so dull.

Whether it’s offline or online, I think the criteria for a quality article are the same:
It should have the necessary elements in a lead–the first sentence of the article. It should contain the 5Ws and 1H. It should be presented well in format, no typos, grammatically accurate, and with information that’s not run of the mill. The only difference when you write for an online article is that should be keyword-enriched cause you have to be cautious about the page rank.

One thing that I have always kept in mind, “How would I want to read this?” If you wouldn’t want to read it, chances are - no one else would.

The next thing you should always try to do is not sound overly intelligent more than you are. Don’t use fancy words unless they are in context. The person reading your article is going to be more cynical than they would face-to-face with you. After all, you have plenty of time to analyze someone’s writing than you do their voice.

And lastly, write like you are describing your ideas to your mother. You will always come out more personal if you keep that in mind. People like to connect on a personal level with the author. When you do that, you can ensure some return visits.

I think the quality article should mean:

1- the article have the right topic;

2- the article have the fresh content;

3- the article will help other understand something.

1. Great title that makes people want to read more (also title that creates curiosity)

2. Fun and easy to read. No technical jargon. Use day to day language.

3. Informative or practical or solving a problem.

4. No fluff and straight to the point.

All the points raised so far are all important aspects of what makes a quality article, but there is only one criteria really - it has to be what the audience wants. That sounds stupid and it’s so simple it’s nearly always overlooked, but it’s by far the most important thing and will define how the article is written.
A quality article for teenage techno-whizzes will be entirely different from a quality article for middle-aged lawyers. ‘Quality’, in my mind, just means ‘effective’. Know your audience inside-out or following all the ‘rules’ in the world won’t matter!