CSS design touches

I just discovered border-radius and used it to round the corners of the boxes on my site which is something I never would have thought could be done with CSS. box-shadow looks interesting too. Are there other good CSS design touches out there?

Hehe, hundreds. Welcome to the new world of CSS3. :slight_smile:

Wow, new world indeed. I can see where this is going.

As for the design touches, any you think I might like considering I was dazzled by the rounded corners? I’m looking for anything that complements what I already have as opposed to revamping.

Maybe text-shadow, or background-size … but without seeing your layout it’s impossible to say anything useful. Just remember that some of this stuff is pretty experimental and doesn’t work in older browsers, so keep that in mind. The caniuse site is very handy in that regard: http://caniuse.com/

I would even go so far as to say that some of the new technologies do not work consistently in modern browsers, either. Cross-browser incompatibilities are not uncommon, expecially with the more complex effects. Before using bleeding edge effects in a client’s site, be sure to verify their range of compatibility across all user devices. During this initial period while browsers are still learning how to implement these new properties, have fun!!! The new stuff is amazing!

Thanks ralph.m and ronpat. This new stuff reminds me of ImageMagick.

Do I need to use -webkit-border-radius and -moz-border-radius in addition to border-radius?

“border-radius” is considered to be sufficiently implemented across modern browsers; therefore, vendor prefixes are no longer recommended. The caveat remains that if a person is using an older, older browser that was not programmed to recognize the standards compliant version, it would still require the vendor-specific prefix, but that would be a very small minority of users.