CSS Grid Layout Approach Reccommendation For My Home Page Blog Design

Hi from 14 degrees C its like bloody Autumn York, UK

Ive been looking at these tutorials to help me re create my home page blog layout:

Here is my design:

I like the look of “Method 3: Using Table Display”. Am i right in thinking this would be an ok method out of the listed to follow?

Thanks in advance,
David

It depends on how you imagine this scaling down on smaller versions :). Could we get a screenshot of how you imagine this scaling down? Or just tell us?

Hi Ryan & thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I’m second guessing you’d like to see a mobile version of the layout and desktop then?

Ok well bit out of my depth here (and may get this totally wrong) but i like how the codepen behaves. Specifically the 1/4 columns, they sit 4 across then fit under each other in the mobile view port size, this is what i want but of course i have pictures in my design.

So am i ok to go head with the tutorial detailed in Method 3 and in the above codepen?

Thanks,
David

Well that’s fine and dandy, but yours is a 2 row 3 column setup. Using display:table would mean two rows of this.Which means if you are fine with it going from that to stacking 1 at a time, then that’s fine. If you envisioned a 2 column setup as you get smaller (e.g. 2 images in a row), then you can’t do that if you follow your images structure. Other than that, it’s fine.

@RyanReese will want to see a single responsive layout :smile:

I like display: table for single row layouts, but it can be inflexible with multi rows.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.