Css layout issues

Hey people having a little issue with my website. I appear to have an issue on the divs which store my background images for my website, if you look down the body edges of the websites you will see they stick out at points, yet if you look at the source code and css you will see its all restricted to 1017px so i cannot understand why its doing this. can anyone shine a light on this as i have been up all night staring at this and Havant yet slept.

Thanks for your time

Adam

the black pixels on the edges are part of your background images.

All you need to do is have one wrapper div with the fixed width.
All other sections within that will be 100% wide and fit perfectly.

Thank you for your reply Mark, However i did try this and did not fix the issue. any other ideas ?

As mark said above this image is 11017px wide but it has black lines part way down each side making the gray center part 2px smaller than the top section which has no black line. Remove the black lines from your image and the problem should go away. You can easily check this by simply removing the reference to the image in Firebug.

However you would seldom want a background image created like that because it dos not allow for resize and fluid content. Why not just use a background colour and css borders as you don’t have a gradient effect going on in that section anyway?

Thank you both of you for your comments, having looked back at the forums after sleeping i agree with you and have sorted it out now. i dont quiet know what i was thinking when i 1st read the replys, i blame the lack of sleep i had that night. thank you again for you help! :smiley:

Ok another problem has arizon and i dont understand why. Down at the ‘Portfolio Update’ you will see what i mean on the heading, yet its in a drawn ap div and within that div there is the picture and it has repeat turned off.
any ideas why ?

I can’t see any problem there in Chrome. Can you re-word the issue, or post a screen shot of what’s wrong? What browser are you using?

Hey ralph i managed to sore the issue out by deleting all old files in my ftp and putting it all back in again, was just a glitch that was occurring.

Cool. Glad you go it sorted. :slight_smile: