CSS Positioning Relationship problem

Hi, it’s always the nesting that throws me off. By building upon this foundation that you have constructed, I assume that the #content_right and #content_left will be scalable depending on how little or how much content will be placed in them ? The content will never be bigger then the biggest Content box is anyhow but I have to ask :slight_smile:

There is no need to worry about IE6 as I see in the style sheet as I’m not supporting it just a FYI :slight_smile: I’ll update the page as soon as I put some final touches on some of the graphics :slight_smile:

I assume that the #content_right and #content_left will be scalable depending on how little or how much content will be placed in them ?

Yes they will expand to the amount of content that is in them since I removed the height. I set different amounts of text in them to show the dynamic heights.

The content will never be bigger then the biggest Content box is anyhow but I have to ask :slight_smile:

If you want to set the heights back on them then go ahead. Just be aware that the viewers default font-size may render things differently for them and text could spill out.

Rayzur - How come when I try to position the <h1> tag in the <div=head> the entire <div=wrap> moves as well ?

<div id=“wrap”>
<div id=“head”>
<h1>ETC</h1>

css - #head h1

It’s probably a margin collapse caused by a default margin on the <h1> element.

Either try removing the <h1> margin or on the #head try giving it a 1px top padding :).

Untested though.

That worked Ryan. By adding 1px top padding what did that resolve ?

It fixed a margin collapse that was happening :).