CSS - Test Your CSS Skills Number 22

Thanks.

Edit: I think a hint is in order…

There is absolutely no way that I am giving a hint on how to position the table header yet.:slight_smile:

Whew just did the quiz (I’m in English lol). Answer PM’d. I can’t seem to get the header to stretch though…weird.

Edit:

I lied I got it to stretch…dang IE7 cache…

Edit:

It’s more like a glitch to get IE working…not real coding…like a bug

Thanks for the entry Ryan.:slight_smile:

Although you have it working in Firefox and IE it is not working anywhere else such as Opera and Safari.

The main point of the quiz is to have a version that work in all those browsers because as I mentioned at the start Firefox is simple to do (I even gave the answer in the first post) and IE can be made to work with another method but I need a version that works in all and more or less all using the same method for each :slight_smile:

Keep trying :slight_smile: (After you’ve finished your studies of course)

Guess I’ll have to download one of them to get it working.

New submitted…Chrome worked dunno about Opera.

Stop Using Tables.

This can easily be done without tables…that’s not the point of the quiz though :slight_smile:

Yeah I know, but still I dont like seeing tables being used for structuring websites in this day and age.

Just thought id post my point.

Yeah I know, but still I dont like seeing tables being used for structuring websites in this day and age.

Just thought id post my point.

you missed the whole point of the thread : )

??? This is tabular data and the only semantically correct means to display tabular data is in a table.

Then obvisiously you don’t have enough experience to know that tables are perfect for tabular data and this is exactly what we’re working on…:slight_smile:

Unfortunately you are totally incorrect as the data is tabular and that is exactly what tables are to be used for.

Putting the above data in any other type of structure would be 100% wrong and not the semantic use of that element.

Tables should not be used for layout but they “must” be used for tabular data at all costs.

You seem to have totally misconstrued the point of the “don’t use tables for layout” arguments.

Ok, calm down… t’was only a short post reminding you all that its 2009 not 1999.

Sorry to of caused you some stress Ryan haha.

I do apologise…

for 1, not reading the entire quiz. I did not realise… and for experience, considering I have a Masters in Applied MultiMedia and I run a Web Design & Development agency maybe you should re-phrase your comment.

’ considering I have a Masters in Applied MultiMedia and I run a Web Design & Development agency maybe you should re-phrase your comment.’

There’s no worse quality in a programmer than arrogance. I am interested in why someone who develops for the web for a living wouldn’t use tables for tabular data? What would you use that you think is better?

If you have some great technique that is better than the standard tool, please share, I would be genuinely interested to hear it.

Shufflemoomin

I was not being arrogant, I simply overlooked the quiz and did not realise it was about tabular data.

Else, I would not of posted what I did.

Maybe I will make my millions now by developing a new set of tools to re-create tabular data in not such a messy structure?

what do you think? and no, i dont have any tables on my site from the visitor from Germany.

Again, I apologised…

@123business

hahaha, np man, happens to us all.
you might as well try your luck on the quiz now xD

HAHA

Thanks… I might just do that xD

Peace

Lol it seems like I’m doing this alot…got one working in all browsers though it’s not a fixed width.